Free bicycle hire for key workers
- Credit: North Somerset Council
Key workers can borrow a bicycle for up to three months for free in the district, thanks to North Somerset Council.
The authority’s Borrow a Bike scheme, which people can normally use to loan a bike for up to two weeks in the area, is now temporarily available for key workers only.
Run by Bicycle Chain in Weston, those in essential job roles can benefit from the scheme while social distancing and making essential journeys.
The initiative is funded by the council through the Department for Transport’s access fund, which was set up to help people get back into cycling to benefit their health.
Hybrids and folding and electric bikes are available to hire, and key workers interested in benefiting from the scheme can complete a form at www.betterbybike.info/loanbikes.
You may also want to watch:
Bicycles can then be collected from Bicycle Chain, in Aisecome Way, in Weston.
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 3 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 4 Ed Sheeran announces huge UK tour
- 5 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 6 Number of homes in major development could be reduced as amended plans submitted
- 7 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 8 Plan to build £30million second school site approved
- 9 Fine food and drink on offer at biggest ever eat:Weston festival
- 10 North Somerset's garden waste service to resume with collections every four weeks