Free bicycle hire for key workers
- Credit: North Somerset Council
Key workers can borrow a bicycle for up to three months for free in the district, thanks to North Somerset Council.
The authority’s Borrow a Bike scheme, which people can normally use to loan a bike for up to two weeks in the area, is now temporarily available for key workers only.
Run by Bicycle Chain in Weston, those in essential job roles can benefit from the scheme while social distancing and making essential journeys.
The initiative is funded by the council through the Department for Transport’s access fund, which was set up to help people get back into cycling to benefit their health.
Hybrids and folding and electric bikes are available to hire, and key workers interested in benefiting from the scheme can complete a form at www.betterbybike.info/loanbikes.
You may also want to watch:
Bicycles can then be collected from Bicycle Chain, in Aisecome Way, in Weston.
- 1 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 2 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 3 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 4 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 5 Bake Off stars to host afternoon tea in North Somerset this weekend
- 6 Two free festivals to bring top acts and 'extraordinary events' to Weston
- 7 Day of Ibiza club classics to be performed in Weston this weekend
- 8 CCTV appeal after man seriously assaulted in Weston
- 9 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 10 Children encouraged to take up Covid jab