Easter fair raises hundreds of pounds for hospice
- Credit: Archant
Easter bunny racing and a human fruit machine helped volunteers to raise hundreds of pounds for Weston Hospicecare.
The Friends of Weston Hospicecare raised more than £1,000 at an Easter fair on Saturday.
Volunteers helped bring the event together which took place at the Radio Wing Centre at Locking Parklands for the first time.
Families and supporters filled the venue at the weekend to take part in a number of fundraising activities and games.
Weston Hospicecare’s community fundraiser Sue Harding said: “A huge thanks to everyone from Weston Hospicecare to the Friends for organising the Easter fair.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re delighted with how much we raised on Saturday and I’d also like to thank the kind-hearted people who attended the event and parted with their money to support the hospice.
“This money will now go towards helping to support the expert care given to those with life-limiting illnesses.”
- 1 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 2 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 3 Party in the Park event returns to Weston
- 4 Weston's Marine Lake to remain closed due to safety concerns
- 5 Water Adventure Play Park's water is off again
- 6 Pub fun day raises hundreds of pounds for charities
- 7 Weston is a 'really great place to invest'
- 8 Council backs call to improve poor health in seaside towns
- 9 Weston's youngest graffiti artist helps football club with mural
- 10 Versatile extended cottage with annexe in rural village