Easter fair raises hundreds of pounds for hospice
- Credit: Archant
Easter bunny racing and a human fruit machine helped volunteers to raise hundreds of pounds for Weston Hospicecare.
The Friends of Weston Hospicecare raised more than £1,000 at an Easter fair on Saturday.
Volunteers helped bring the event together which took place at the Radio Wing Centre at Locking Parklands for the first time.
Families and supporters filled the venue at the weekend to take part in a number of fundraising activities and games.
Weston Hospicecare’s community fundraiser Sue Harding said: “A huge thanks to everyone from Weston Hospicecare to the Friends for organising the Easter fair.
“We’re delighted with how much we raised on Saturday and I’d also like to thank the kind-hearted people who attended the event and parted with their money to support the hospice.
“This money will now go towards helping to support the expert care given to those with life-limiting illnesses.”
- 1 Weston town centre improvement works to be 'finished in weeks'
- 2 Weston's bodybuilding world champion dismisses misconceptions
- 3 New community fridge opens in the Sovereign Centre
- 4 Appeal after biker hospitalised in crash
- 5 PICTURES: Winter Gardens Christmas fayre
- 6 John Crockford-Hawley column: A Bridge Too Far?
- 7 PICTURES: Activists march to end violence against women
- 8 A370 to close this evening for first of 10 nights of roadworks
- 9 Home gets illuminated with Christmas lights for charity
- 10 Spacious residence in exclusive Weston Hillside