Get involved: Join the Friends of Weston Seafront group
- Credit: Archant
Volunteers will work alongside local councils and other community groups to make the most of Weston’s assets
This month sees the launch of the Friends of Weston Seafront group, made up of residents who are interested in enhancing and promoting the town’s seafront.
Actively working to preserve the splendid promenade that stretches for almost three miles, volunteers will be working alongside the local councils and other community groups to make the most of Weston’s assets.
Launching the volunteer group is Helen Mitchell, who said: “Weston seafront takes a bit of a beating throughout the summer months, with thousands of visitors using it, so, with the best will in the world, it is difficult to keep it in tip-top condition.
“We welcome volunteers who are passionate about keeping the seafront looking its best and need people with all sorts of skills, from those who can identify areas that need attention and highlight them to the group, through to people willing to roll their sleeves up and do a little painting, and carry out minor repairs and a bit of tidying up when necessary.
You may also want to watch:
“It is hoped we will build a great community group that will meet regularly to enjoy each other’s company whilst sharing a passion for keeping Weston looking great.”
Anyone interested in helping to shape the new group or join as a volunteer can email Helen.Mitchell2@n-somerset.gov.uk or call 01934 426526.
- 1 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 2 Popular food festival returns to Weston this weekend
- 3 Will garden village be revived?
- 4 How to order free Covid home tests
- 5 Flag stolen during period of national mourning
- 6 Recycling centres set to be 'very busy' due to ease in lockdown restrictions
- 7 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 8 Local artists bring wow-factor to Weston shop windows
- 9 Weston micropub closes permanently due to coronavirus pandemic
- 10 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder