Railway garden to open to public
- Credit: Faith Moulin
A celebration will be held to mark 20 years of tidying the gardens at Yatton Railway Station.
The Friends of Yatton Station was formed to ensure the areas around the platform were kept in a fantastic condition.
And to show the fruits of volunteers' labour, the garden by platform one will be opened for the public to look next week from 2-4pm on Saturday.
Faith Moulin said: "The volunteer gardeners will be on hand to answer questions.
"There will be displays about the garden and its wildlife and history, and the chairman of Yatton Parish Council will unveil a new information board at the station and plant a new rose bush.
You may also want to watch:
"People can also pick up a bargain plant from a plant stall and enjoy tea and a celebration cake, thanks to the Severnside Rail Partnership which support the volunteers.
"The garden used to win Great Western Railway awards from the 1930s until the early 1960s but since the privatisation of the railway had fallen into neglect."
- 1 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Popular Weston restaurant welcomes customers back
- 4 Inadequate care home responds
- 5 Grand Pier to host recruitment open days
- 6 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 7 April 12 opening day: Sovereign Centre plans to shake-up Weston high street
- 8 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 9 Reopening: Thousands booked as hairdressers reopen
- 10 Local artists bring wow-factor to Weston shop windows