Railway garden to open to public
- Credit: Faith Moulin
A celebration will be held to mark 20 years of tidying the gardens at Yatton Railway Station.
The Friends of Yatton Station was formed to ensure the areas around the platform were kept in a fantastic condition.
And to show the fruits of volunteers' labour, the garden by platform one will be opened for the public to look next week from 2-4pm on Saturday.
Faith Moulin said: "The volunteer gardeners will be on hand to answer questions.
"There will be displays about the garden and its wildlife and history, and the chairman of Yatton Parish Council will unveil a new information board at the station and plant a new rose bush.
You may also want to watch:
"People can also pick up a bargain plant from a plant stall and enjoy tea and a celebration cake, thanks to the Severnside Rail Partnership which support the volunteers.
"The garden used to win Great Western Railway awards from the 1930s until the early 1960s but since the privatisation of the railway had fallen into neglect."
- 1 Large-scale offshore rig to be built at Weston's Tropicana next year as part of UK-wide project
- 2 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 3 Award wins for Hutton In Bloom volunteer group
- 4 Cheddar 'pump track' approved and new facility could be in place next year
- 5 Executive four-bedroom nearly-new house near town centre
- 6 Claim for judicial review delays school expansion for vulnerable children
- 7 New principal appointed at academy
- 8 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 9 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?
- 10 PICTURES: Runners brave the elements at Weston Super Half