Fund-raiser for Chelvey church
ST BRIDGET S Church, Chelvey, is holding a final fund-raiser on February 1 to mark the end of its appeal.
ST BRIDGET'S Church, Chelvey, is holding a final fund-raiser on February 1 to mark the end of its appeal.
St Bridget's Festival Supper is being put on in the WI hall, Station Road, at 7pm.
The evening will include a three-course meal and entertainment from members of the Bristol Gilbert and Sullivan Society.
Tickets, priced £15, are available from Tony Sirratt on 01275 853138.
You may also want to watch:
A special service is also being held at the church on February 3 to mark the end of its appeal year.
Worshippers have raised more than £100,000 to pay for restoration work to the tower and the extra money collected will be used to add a toilet and catering facilities to the building.
- 1 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 2 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 3 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 4 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 5 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 6 FA Cup: Weston AFC cruise past Taunton Town to reach third qualifying round
- 7 End of busy summer with more events to look forward to
- 8 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 9 Proposal for 96 new homes in Cheddar
- 10 Customers urged to support local pubs, restaurants and cafes to boost hospitality sector
The Archdeacon of Bath will be preaching at the Patron Festival service at 3pm.