Community centre receives donation from The Co-op
- Credit: Archant
Winscombe Community Association has received a £3,300 donation from The Co-op.
The charity has been raising money to help improve and maintain the Winscombe Community Centre on Sandford Road.
The money was raised by Co-op shoppers in the village who chose the association as its charity of the year.
The Co-op, in Woodborough Road in Winscombe, also left a collection pot on its counter, which raised £298 for the association so far this year.
After receiving the donation, four members of the fundraising team visited the shop to thank manager Sue Wells for her support.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the charity said: “The community centre is an integral part of village life and home to many, many groups.
“Thanks again to everyone involved.
- 1 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 2 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 3 Party in the Park event returns to Weston
- 4 Weston's Marine Lake to remain closed due to safety concerns
- 5 Water Adventure Play Park's water is off again
- 6 Pub fun day raises hundreds of pounds for charities
- 7 Weston is a 'really great place to invest'
- 8 Council plea to public as services impacted by pingdemic
- 9 Weston's youngest graffiti artist helps football club with mural
- 10 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare
“We truly appreciate your support in keeping Winscombe Community Centre going.”