Community centre receives donation from The Co-op
- Credit: Archant
Winscombe Community Association has received a £3,300 donation from The Co-op.
The charity has been raising money to help improve and maintain the Winscombe Community Centre on Sandford Road.
The money was raised by Co-op shoppers in the village who chose the association as its charity of the year.
The Co-op, in Woodborough Road in Winscombe, also left a collection pot on its counter, which raised £298 for the association so far this year.
After receiving the donation, four members of the fundraising team visited the shop to thank manager Sue Wells for her support.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the charity said: “The community centre is an integral part of village life and home to many, many groups.
“Thanks again to everyone involved.
- 1 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 2 Councillor calls for misogyny to be classed as hate crime
- 3 Impressive house in a popular area of Weston
- 4 Yeo Valley extends open days for award-winning garden
- 5 Man jailed for knife possession offence
- 6 New principal appointed at academy
- 7 Meet the owners of Weston's only seafood restaurant
- 8 Village's community shop to relocate
- 9 Man sentenced after racially abusing a woman following a collision
- 10 Doctors could be under pressure if changes to surgery boundaries are not implemented
“We truly appreciate your support in keeping Winscombe Community Centre going.”