Ride+Stride event to raise money for region’s churches
- Credit: Archant
People will walk, cycle or run to different churches across the region this weekend to raise money to help keep them open.
Ride+Stride 2018 will fundraise for the Somerset Churches Trust on Saturday as people transport themselves between participating churches and raise money through sponsorship and donations.
Churches taking part in the Mercury patch are:
• St John’s The Baptist, in Axbridge.
• St Congar’s, in Badgworth.
• St Andrew’s, in Banwell.
• St John the Baptist, in Biddisham.
- 1 Weston primary school students 'heartbroken' after vandalism spree
- 2 Public urged to review sites allocated for housing in North Somerset
- 3 Poetry legend Pam Ayres enjoys Weston fish and chips!
- 4 Westonian turns 100 and praises 'antibiotics' for her longevity
- 5 Teen, 16, among football fans BANNED from matches
- 6 Lovely views from large bungalow in sought-after village
- 7 Have your say over major town centre redevelopment
- 8 Two Weston men charged with murder after man dies in Wiveliscombe
- 9 Grand Pier unveils jam-packed Platinum Jubilee Celebrations
- 10 Thatchers donate apple trees in Worle for community orchard project
• St Andrew’s, on Weston’s Bournville estate.
• St Andrew’s, in Burnham-on-Sea.
• St Mary’s the Virgin, in Christon.
• St Andrew’s, in Compton Bishop.
• All Saints, in East Huntspill.
• St John the Evangalist, in Highbridge.
• St Mary’s the Virgin, Hutton.
• St Augustines, in Locking.
• St Andrew, in Loxton.
• Holy Cross, in Mark.
Michael Auton, Somerset Ride+Stride co-ordinator, said: “We hope other groups and organisations will support the Somerset Churches Trust to help make a real difference to the people and communities of Somerset.
“Please help protect our beautiful churches and come out to enjoy the wonderful countryside which makes Somerset so special to us all.”
For more details visit www.somersetchurchestrust.org