Supporters complete fire walk to raise funds for RNLI
- Credit: Archant
Daring fundraisers walked across hot coals to raise money for a life-saving charity.
RNLI Winscombe and District Branch put on a sponsored fire walk to celebrate its golden anniversary.
More than 20 volunteers, including the branch chairman, braved the red-hot embers to raise money for the RNLI.
The event was held at Winscombe Cricket Club and visitors were invited in to watch the fire walk.
Members also put on live music and hot snacks and beverages.
You may also want to watch:
The volunteers have raised more than £4,000 so far, which will help support Weston, Burnham and Portishead lifeboat stations.
The branch holds regular fundraising events for the cause and the money this year will go towards new lifeboat facilities in Weston.
People can still sponsor the team at www.justgiving.com/teams/Firewalking-for-the-RNLI
- 1 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 2 Puxton Park pumpkin patch now open
- 3 Meet the owners of Weston's only seafood restaurant
- 4 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 5 Man jailed for knife possession offence
- 6 Executive four-bedroom nearly-new house near town centre
- 7 New principal appointed at academy
- 8 Yeo Valley extends open days for award-winning garden
- 9 Doctors could be under pressure if changes to surgery boundaries are not implemented
- 10 Impressive house in a popular area of Weston