Fundraisers take on Mendip Challenge for friend’s 40th
- Credit: Archant
A team of fundraisers have signed up for a running challenge to celebrate their friend’s 40th birthday.
Jo Simmons and Claire Vallis, from Banwell, Tracey Pullinger, from Worle, and Louise Bates from Bridgwater will be joining Rachel Alexander on the Mendip Challenge to mark her special day and to raise money for Weston Hospicecare.
The fundraisers have completed the Race For Life’s Pretty Muddy event for the past three years but decided they wanted to try something new.
The team is called Some Mudders Do ‘Ave Um and the friends will be wearing specially-designed T-shirts and hoping to raise £500 on the day.
Rachel said: “I wanted to support the hospice and say thank you for the help and support they give to anyone who needs it.
You may also want to watch:
“Without help from the hospice staff, caring for my nan would have been much harder and we would not have been able to care for her at home. “
Claire added: “I’m raising money for a local charity that is such a great source of care and support for those who have life-limiting illness.
- 1 Council hits out at 'flawed' report ranking Weston as second-worst seaside town
- 2 Royal Pier Hotel redevelopment would 'help to regenerate town'
- 3 Who you can vote for in Avon and Somerset PCC elections
- 4 Urgent need for volunteers to help with vaccinations
- 5 Weston Mercury building up for sale
- 6 Hot air balloons return to Weston
- 7 Closure of A370 in Weston for improvements
- 8 Chargeable garden waste collection service begins
- 9 Contractors chosen to design Banwell bypass
- 10 Wetherspoon pub closes in town centre
“I have friends and family who have all been supported by Weston Hospicecare and the fantastic work they do.”
To sponsor the team, visit www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Mendipmudders2017
The Mendip Challenge, which raises money for Weston Hospicecare, is in its 28th year and the hospice is hoping the event on June 4 will raise more than last year’s total of £54,000.
Participants can take part in the 10, 20 or 30-mile course across the West Mendip Way. To sign up, visit www.westonhospicecare.org.uk/mendip