Families flock to annual bank holiday fun day
- Credit: Archant
Families flocked to a Somerset park for a day of fun in the sun on bank holiday Monday.
Burnham's annual family fun day at Manor Gardens saw numerous stalls and fun attractions pack the town's lawns.
The event raised cash for several groups and charities, including Burnham Moose Club, Burnham Rotary Club, Somerset Time For Youth, and many more besides.
The day featured a slew of activities for visitors to enjoy, including a human fruit machine created by the Hillview Junior Carnival Club, a display of model steam engines from the West Huntspill Engineering Society, and a tombola raising cash for Burnham and District Lions.
There were also performances and displays throughout the day from local groups including medieval battle reenactments, martial arts displays, as well as music from a ukelele orchestra, and an African drum group on the bandstand.
You may also want to watch:
For more pictures, visit www.westonmercury.co.uk
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 3 Pupil awarded new bike for attending every lesson
- 4 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 5 Pet store to relocate to new unit
- 6 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 7 Weston mum thanks community after Afghan refugee donation
- 8 Plan to build £30million second school site approved
- 9 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 10 Weston celebrates Great Big Green Week