Families flock to annual bank holiday fun day
- Credit: Archant
Families flocked to a Somerset park for a day of fun in the sun on bank holiday Monday.
Burnham's annual family fun day at Manor Gardens saw numerous stalls and fun attractions pack the town's lawns.
The event raised cash for several groups and charities, including Burnham Moose Club, Burnham Rotary Club, Somerset Time For Youth, and many more besides.
The day featured a slew of activities for visitors to enjoy, including a human fruit machine created by the Hillview Junior Carnival Club, a display of model steam engines from the West Huntspill Engineering Society, and a tombola raising cash for Burnham and District Lions.
There were also performances and displays throughout the day from local groups including medieval battle reenactments, martial arts displays, as well as music from a ukelele orchestra, and an African drum group on the bandstand.
You may also want to watch:
For more pictures, visit www.westonmercury.co.uk
- 1 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 2 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 3 Modern, versatile living in a historic manor house
- 4 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 5 The Playhouse announces reopening date this summer
- 6 Weston project promotes healthy eating for youngsters
- 7 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 8 Weston micropub closes permanently due to coronavirus pandemic
- 9 Stunning detached stone cottage in sought-after area of Weston
- 10 Former pupils become teachers