IN PICTURES: Food festival entices thousands of visitors to Weston
- Credit: Archant
Food fanatics were out in full force for the town’s first eat:Weston festival of the year.
The organisers welcomed thousands of people to the Italian Gardens to sample delicious locally-sourced food and drinks.
Conditions were perfect for the 80 producers who set up their stalls in the town centre and more than 20,000 people were drawn to Weston for the event.
Lemonade, scotch eggs, prime cuts of meat and cheese were on sale to the public.
There were also plenty of street food stalls dishing up meals from around the world.
You may also want to watch:
Inside the Sovereign Shopping Centre, people could design and print their own tote bags or take part in some cooking classes.
Once again, the festival was 100 per cent free of any single use plastic and all meals were served in recyclable containers.
- 1 Boy, 17, 'with machete' arrested in village
- 2 Weston Mercury building up for sale
- 3 Fire service investigates vehicle workshop blaze
- 4 Mystery of hillside artwork in Somerset village revealed
- 5 Who you can vote for in Avon and Somerset PCC elections
- 6 Contractors chosen to design Banwell bypass
- 7 Council hits out at 'flawed' report ranking Weston as second-worst seaside town
- 8 Royal Pier Hotel redevelopment would 'help to regenerate town'
- 9 New headteacher for village first school
- 10 Wetherspoon pub closes in town centre