IN PICTURES: Food festival entices thousands of visitors to Weston
- Credit: Archant
Food fanatics were out in full force for the town’s first eat:Weston festival of the year.
The organisers welcomed thousands of people to the Italian Gardens to sample delicious locally-sourced food and drinks.
Conditions were perfect for the 80 producers who set up their stalls in the town centre and more than 20,000 people were drawn to Weston for the event.
Lemonade, scotch eggs, prime cuts of meat and cheese were on sale to the public.
There were also plenty of street food stalls dishing up meals from around the world.
You may also want to watch:
Inside the Sovereign Shopping Centre, people could design and print their own tote bags or take part in some cooking classes.
Once again, the festival was 100 per cent free of any single use plastic and all meals were served in recyclable containers.
- 1 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 2 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 3 Michael Eavis, Weston Mayor and former football players at pier fundraiser
- 4 Funeral directors set up new Weston branch
- 5 Have your say on plans for new GP surgery on Weston Rugby Club site
- 6 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare
- 7 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 8 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 9 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 10 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year