IN PICTURES: Food festival entices thousands of visitors to Weston
- Credit: Archant
Food fanatics were out in full force for the town’s first eat:Weston festival of the year.
The organisers welcomed thousands of people to the Italian Gardens to sample delicious locally-sourced food and drinks.
Conditions were perfect for the 80 producers who set up their stalls in the town centre and more than 20,000 people were drawn to Weston for the event.
Lemonade, scotch eggs, prime cuts of meat and cheese were on sale to the public.
There were also plenty of street food stalls dishing up meals from around the world.
Inside the Sovereign Shopping Centre, people could design and print their own tote bags or take part in some cooking classes.
Once again, the festival was 100 per cent free of any single use plastic and all meals were served in recyclable containers.
- 1 Weston's bodybuilding world champion dismisses misconceptions
- 2 Weston town centre improvement works to be 'finished in weeks'
- 3 Spacious residence in exclusive Weston Hillside
- 4 Home gets illuminated with Christmas lights for charity
- 5 New community fridge opens in the Sovereign Centre
- 6 Support for people with hidden disabilities living in North Somerset
- 7 PICTURES: Winter Gardens Christmas fayre
- 8 A370 to close this evening for first of 10 nights of roadworks
- 9 Council finances given auditors' approval
- 10 Appeal after biker hospitalised in crash