PHOTOS: Families flock to Weston model railway show
- Credit: Archant
Weston’s biannual model railway exhibition proved hugely popular once again at the weekend.
The show, celebrating its 15 year, was held at The Campus on Sunday and saw dozens enthusiasts display their incredible creations.
Designers from across the country showcased dioramas based on both real life and fictional railways.
Show sponsor Thatchers, teamed up with model-maker John Langley to create a special cart for the event, with all profits going to Weston Hospicecare.
The show also featured demonstrations from enthusiast groups such as the Sandford Station Society, and the Weston N Gauge Society, as well as numerous trade stalls.
You may also want to watch:
The show has raised more than £44,000 for Weston Hospicecare and a further £6,000 for the Castle Kids Club throughout its history.
Organiser, Keith Price said: “We can’t do it without the public, and I can’t thank them enough.”
- 1 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 2 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 3 Puxton Park pumpkin patch now open
- 4 PICTURES: Runners brave the elements at Weston Super Half
- 5 Meet the owners of Weston's only seafood restaurant
- 6 WIN: Tickets to The Magic Of Motown
- 7 Man jailed for knife possession offence
- 8 Stone Roses songs to be recreated in Weston
- 9 Yeo Valley extends open days for award-winning garden
- 10 Impressive house in a popular area of Weston