PHOTOS: Families flock to Weston model railway show
- Credit: Archant
Weston’s biannual model railway exhibition proved hugely popular once again at the weekend.
The show, celebrating its 15 year, was held at The Campus on Sunday and saw dozens enthusiasts display their incredible creations.
Designers from across the country showcased dioramas based on both real life and fictional railways.
Show sponsor Thatchers, teamed up with model-maker John Langley to create a special cart for the event, with all profits going to Weston Hospicecare.
The show also featured demonstrations from enthusiast groups such as the Sandford Station Society, and the Weston N Gauge Society, as well as numerous trade stalls.
You may also want to watch:
The show has raised more than £44,000 for Weston Hospicecare and a further £6,000 for the Castle Kids Club throughout its history.
Organiser, Keith Price said: “We can’t do it without the public, and I can’t thank them enough.”
- 1 Petrol filling station and food store opens on outskirts of Weston
- 2 Armed police at Birnbeck Pier after reports of men with a gun
- 3 Police appeal for dash cam footage after serious collision near Weston
- 4 Surfer sets up new water sports business in North Somerset
- 5 Sun shines on successful Weston food festival
- 6 'Brilliant week' for Weston after April 12 ease in restrictions
- 7 Weston Lions cancel Real Ale Festival
- 8 Workshops to discuss new medical centre at Weston Rugby Club
- 9 Weston vets wins two awards
- 10 Teenager charged with murder in Weston