PHOTOS: Families flock to Weston model railway show
- Credit: Archant
Weston’s biannual model railway exhibition proved hugely popular once again at the weekend.
The show, celebrating its 15 year, was held at The Campus on Sunday and saw dozens enthusiasts display their incredible creations.
Designers from across the country showcased dioramas based on both real life and fictional railways.
Show sponsor Thatchers, teamed up with model-maker John Langley to create a special cart for the event, with all profits going to Weston Hospicecare.
The show also featured demonstrations from enthusiast groups such as the Sandford Station Society, and the Weston N Gauge Society, as well as numerous trade stalls.
You may also want to watch:
The show has raised more than £44,000 for Weston Hospicecare and a further £6,000 for the Castle Kids Club throughout its history.
Organiser, Keith Price said: “We can’t do it without the public, and I can’t thank them enough.”
- 1 RNLI believes return to Birnbeck Island 'the most credible option' for Weston
- 2 CNM Estates purchase Birnbeck Pier with new company
- 3 Weston town centre to undergo 'facelift' next month
- 4 Weston woman celebrates 105th birthday
- 5 Housing groups preparing application to build medical centre in village
- 6 Weston site to offer more coronavirus tests for people with symptoms
- 7 Parents 'in tears' over Weston school's generous fuel fund
- 8 Weston café raising funds to deliver meals to frontline workers
- 9 Work begins on Weston's £20million broadband investment
- 10 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations