Pictures: Record turn out for annual Pageant of Transport
- Credit: Archant
Wonderful weather saw a record number of cars congregate on Weston’s Beach Lawns for the Pageant of Transport.
The annual event, now in its 41st year, saw more than 1,650 vintage and classic cars take part in the two-day event.
Chevrolets, Cadillacs, camper vans and even a hurse were all on display as families flocked to see the assembled vehicles, there to raise funds for Weston Sea Cadets.
Pageant organiser, Keith Palmer said so many cars came to the event on Sunday they had to turn vehicles away.
He said: “The weather was marvellous, and I’m pleased to say on the Sunday we had the biggest gathering of classic cars on the Beach Lawns ever, with 1,165 vehicles on display.
You may also want to watch:
“It was a fantastic show and people were surprised at the amount of different vehicles on display.
“I would like to thank everyone who helped and supported the show.”
- 1 Engaged couple thank new friends for 'special' night at Weston restaurant
- 2 Popular food festival returns to Weston this weekend
- 3 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 4 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 5 Recycling centres set to be 'very busy' due to ease in lockdown restrictions
- 6 Dreaming of reaching the Olympic Games with Isabel Blackhurst
- 7 Will garden village be revived?
- 8 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 9 Village housing development nears completion
- 10 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder