Pictures: Record turn out for annual Pageant of Transport
- Credit: Archant
Wonderful weather saw a record number of cars congregate on Weston’s Beach Lawns for the Pageant of Transport.
The annual event, now in its 41st year, saw more than 1,650 vintage and classic cars take part in the two-day event.
Chevrolets, Cadillacs, camper vans and even a hurse were all on display as families flocked to see the assembled vehicles, there to raise funds for Weston Sea Cadets.
Pageant organiser, Keith Palmer said so many cars came to the event on Sunday they had to turn vehicles away.
He said: “The weather was marvellous, and I’m pleased to say on the Sunday we had the biggest gathering of classic cars on the Beach Lawns ever, with 1,165 vehicles on display.
“It was a fantastic show and people were surprised at the amount of different vehicles on display.
“I would like to thank everyone who helped and supported the show.”
- 1 7 rescue pets looking for forever homes this Christmas in Somerset
- 2 Christmas lights switch-on and festivities announced for Weston
- 3 What are the chances of a white Christmas in Somerset?
- 4 Strong winds expected across Somerset this weekend
- 5 Charity ball raises thousands for Cancer Research
- 6 Castle Batch monument uncovered
- 7 Man sentenced to at least 24 years for trying to kill his parents
- 8 Weston pub attracts crowds for Christmas light switch on
- 9 Tributes paid to 'bright, beautiful, gentle soul' who died after being found injured
- 10 Weston RAF Association to host Cooking with Heroes book launch