Pictures: Record turn out for annual Pageant of Transport
- Credit: Archant
Wonderful weather saw a record number of cars congregate on Weston’s Beach Lawns for the Pageant of Transport.
The annual event, now in its 41st year, saw more than 1,650 vintage and classic cars take part in the two-day event.
Chevrolets, Cadillacs, camper vans and even a hurse were all on display as families flocked to see the assembled vehicles, there to raise funds for Weston Sea Cadets.
Pageant organiser, Keith Palmer said so many cars came to the event on Sunday they had to turn vehicles away.
He said: “The weather was marvellous, and I’m pleased to say on the Sunday we had the biggest gathering of classic cars on the Beach Lawns ever, with 1,165 vehicles on display.
You may also want to watch:
“It was a fantastic show and people were surprised at the amount of different vehicles on display.
“I would like to thank everyone who helped and supported the show.”
- 1 Tributes flood in for 'one in a million' Terry
- 2 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 3 Weston's Party in the Park 'biggest yet'
- 4 Funeral directors set up new Weston branch
- 5 Four-bedroom 1930s detached house in Milton
- 6 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 7 Michael Eavis, Weston Mayor and former football players at pier fundraiser
- 8 Around 3,000 patients leave Weston surgery after being 'fed up with problems'
- 9 Weston Rotary Club celebrate 100 years
- 10 Live music returns to village this weekend