Summer show is ‘great success’ in Sandford
- Credit: Archant
Floral arrangements stole the show at Sandford Gardening Club’s annual spectacle.
Sandford and District Gardening Club held its summer show on Saturday attracting a host of talented gardeners and crafters.
Gardeners showed off their prized blooms after months of watering and nurturing.
Judges had some tough decisions to make, before dishing out trophies to the most impressive entries.
Club secretary Janet Baker said: "The show was a great success with more than 200 entries, including some wonderful floral arrangements."
You may also want to watch:
Some of the prize-winners included Jenny Nicholas who won for her flower arrangement in a wine glass.
Ros Mizen wowed judges with her exhibits in the floral art classes, while Meryl Leach won first prize for her felted garden birds.
- 1 Popular food festival returns to Weston this weekend
- 2 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 3 Engaged couple thank new friends for 'special' night at Weston restaurant
- 4 Recycling centres set to be 'very busy' due to ease in lockdown restrictions
- 5 Will garden village be revived?
- 6 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 7 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 8 Worle man becomes South West's record blood plasma donor
- 9 How to order free Covid home tests
- 10 Flag stolen during period of national mourning
The club has been running since 1974 and members meet in the village hall on the first Wednesday of each month.