Two North Somerset Conservatives to stand in General Election for Bristol and Bath
- Credit: Archant/Conservatives
Two women from North Somerset are standing in next month’s General Election in constituencies in Bath and Bristol.
Annabel Tall and Sarah Codling will represent the Conservatives in Bath and Bristol East respectively.
Ms Tall, who works for Dr Liam Fox, lives in Yatton and the former North Somerset councillor finished a distant second in the Bristol West constituency two years ago.
Bath was won by the Liberal Democrats, from the Tories, in 2017 and Wera Hobhouse will be standing for re-election.
The other candidates standing are Bill Blockhead (Independent), Mike Davies (Labour) and Jimi Ogunnusi (The Brexit Party).
You may also want to watch:
Ms Codling, who lives in Worle, was re-elected to North Somerset Council in May.
Kerry McCarthy has held the Bristol East seat for Labour since 2005.
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 3 Pupil awarded new bike for attending every lesson
- 4 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 5 Pet store to relocate to new unit
- 6 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 7 Weston mum thanks community after Afghan refugee donation
- 8 Plan to build £30million second school site approved
- 9 Weston celebrates Great Big Green Week
- 10 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
Conan Connolly (Green Party), Nicholas Coombes (Liberal Democrats) and Tim Page (The Brexit Party) are the other candidates.