Two North Somerset Conservatives to stand in General Election for Bristol and Bath
- Credit: Archant/Conservatives
Two women from North Somerset are standing in next month’s General Election in constituencies in Bath and Bristol.
Annabel Tall and Sarah Codling will represent the Conservatives in Bath and Bristol East respectively.
Ms Tall, who works for Dr Liam Fox, lives in Yatton and the former North Somerset councillor finished a distant second in the Bristol West constituency two years ago.
Bath was won by the Liberal Democrats, from the Tories, in 2017 and Wera Hobhouse will be standing for re-election.
The other candidates standing are Bill Blockhead (Independent), Mike Davies (Labour) and Jimi Ogunnusi (The Brexit Party).
You may also want to watch:
Ms Codling, who lives in Worle, was re-elected to North Somerset Council in May.
Kerry McCarthy has held the Bristol East seat for Labour since 2005.
- 1 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 2 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 3 April 12 opening day: Sovereign Centre plans to shake-up Weston high street
- 4 Inadequate care home responds
- 5 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 6 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 7 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 8 April 12 reopening: Weston shops preparing for spending spree
- 9 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 10 The Playhouse announces reopening date this summer
Conan Connolly (Green Party), Nicholas Coombes (Liberal Democrats) and Tim Page (The Brexit Party) are the other candidates.