New shower blocks opened to benefit girl guides
- Credit: Archant
A new shower block to benefit campers has been opened.
Lady Elizabeth Gass, former Lord Lieutenant of Somerset, officially opened the new camping facilities near Wedmore.
The project was funded by Girlguiding Somerset and Girlguiding Somerset North along with numerous grants to create the clean, well-lit lodge with fitted hot-water showers at the Somermead Girlguiding Centre.
The eco-friendly building uses a solar hot water system and sustainably-source timber.
It was built by Treehouse Buildings who worked with the guides to make the wheelchair-friendly lodge.
You may also want to watch:
Designer and builder Graham McLelland said: “The Somermead committee came to us with a traditional design of camping facility.
“Making sure it is low maintenance with an eco-friendly approach, we came up with this simple but effective building which ticks all the boxes and will be a happy place for years to come.”
- 1 Engaged couple thank new friends for 'special' night at Weston restaurant
- 2 Popular food festival returns to Weston this weekend
- 3 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 4 Recycling centres set to be 'very busy' due to ease in lockdown restrictions
- 5 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 6 Will garden village be revived?
- 7 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 8 Dreaming of reaching the Olympic Games with Isabel Blackhurst
- 9 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 10 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple