New shower blocks opened to benefit girl guides
- Credit: Archant
A new shower block to benefit campers has been opened.
Lady Elizabeth Gass, former Lord Lieutenant of Somerset, officially opened the new camping facilities near Wedmore.
The project was funded by Girlguiding Somerset and Girlguiding Somerset North along with numerous grants to create the clean, well-lit lodge with fitted hot-water showers at the Somermead Girlguiding Centre.
The eco-friendly building uses a solar hot water system and sustainably-source timber.
It was built by Treehouse Buildings who worked with the guides to make the wheelchair-friendly lodge.
You may also want to watch:
Designer and builder Graham McLelland said: “The Somermead committee came to us with a traditional design of camping facility.
“Making sure it is low maintenance with an eco-friendly approach, we came up with this simple but effective building which ticks all the boxes and will be a happy place for years to come.”
- 1 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 2 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 3 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 4 Blue plaque installed for famous actress
- 5 Appeal to identify man after sexual assault
- 6 CCTV appeal after man seriously assaulted in Weston
- 7 North Somerset mortgage firm named UK's number one broker for outstanding customer outcomes
- 8 Two free festivals to bring top acts and 'extraordinary events' to Weston
- 9 Historic detached house near Weston town centre
- 10 Two shops opening for first time next week