Global Pride event to take place this weekend
- Credit: Archant
A worldwide Pride celebration will take place this weekend.
Global Pride will take place on Saturday.
The event will mark the 50th anniversary of the Stonewall Riots – a series of demonstrations by members of the gay community against a police raid.
The Pride flag is now up in Grove Park to support the online event.
Weston Pride founder Nigel Briers said: “The coronavirus pandemic has had an impact on Pride organisations worldwide with hundreds of marches and events cancelled or postponed.
You may also want to watch:
“Global Pride provides an opportunity for the LGBTI+ community around the world to come together and celebrate diversity and equality during these challenging times.
“I personally have had the privilege to work with the international Pride movement during lockdown to support the delivery of the online event, I’m absolutely honoured.
- 1 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Popular Weston restaurant welcomes customers back
- 4 Grand Pier to host recruitment open days
- 5 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 6 Local artists bring wow-factor to Weston shop windows
- 7 Inadequate care home responds
- 8 Reopening: Thousands booked as hairdressers reopen
- 9 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 10 Mum pays tribute to 'most caring and loving son'
“Global Pride is being led by a team of volunteers who are all committed to ensuring that everyone, everywhere, can take part in Pride.”
To celebrate Global Pride, click here.