Global Pride event to take place this weekend
- Credit: Archant
A worldwide Pride celebration will take place this weekend.
Global Pride will take place on Saturday.
The event will mark the 50th anniversary of the Stonewall Riots – a series of demonstrations by members of the gay community against a police raid.
The Pride flag is now up in Grove Park to support the online event.
Weston Pride founder Nigel Briers said: “The coronavirus pandemic has had an impact on Pride organisations worldwide with hundreds of marches and events cancelled or postponed.
You may also want to watch:
“Global Pride provides an opportunity for the LGBTI+ community around the world to come together and celebrate diversity and equality during these challenging times.
“I personally have had the privilege to work with the international Pride movement during lockdown to support the delivery of the online event, I’m absolutely honoured.
- 1 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 2 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 3 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 4 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 5 Bake Off stars to host afternoon tea in North Somerset this weekend
- 6 Day of Ibiza club classics to be performed in Weston this weekend
- 7 Two free festivals to bring top acts and 'extraordinary events' to Weston
- 8 CCTV appeal after man seriously assaulted in Weston
- 9 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 10 Children encouraged to take up Covid jab
“Global Pride is being led by a team of volunteers who are all committed to ensuring that everyone, everywhere, can take part in Pride.”
To celebrate Global Pride, click here.