IN PICTURES: Go Kids Go! 2019 winners handed cheques
- Credit: Archant
Thousands of pounds was dished out to worthy causes last weekend.
Dozens of youth groups, sports teams and organisations were handed cheques at the Go Kids Go! presentation on Sunday.
The largest total given away was £1,000 to Hutton Primary School which it promised to put towards new playground equipment after its previous set was closed for being too unsafe.
Sports teams were handed a couple of hundred pound to cover the cost of new equipment and kit while St Nicholas Preschool pledged to put its £500 towards outdoor flooring.
The school was successful at last year's Go Kids Go! where it was handed money to cover some of the costs for its indoor flooring.
You may also want to watch:
This year saw Weston Lions Club - with support from the likes of the Mercury, Puxton Park, the Grand Pier and other local businesses - hand out £10,000 to its worthy winners.
- 1 Man suffers head injuries in Weston robbery
- 2 Mini tornado does damage in Weston
- 3 Huge six-bedroom house with flat on Weston seafront
- 4 Banwell traffic will soon be 'a thing of the past'
- 5 Jobs boom as Weston firm looks to expand
- 6 Weston pub launches eating challenge to win £100 bar tab
- 7 Tributes pour in for ‘dedicated family man’ who died in mountain fall
- 8 Newspapers often enjoyed grand town centre premises as befitted the self-important Fourth Estate.
- 9 Uphill Castle run riot in Somerset League Cup
- 10 Weston project transforming household waste into planters to attract wildlife