IN PICTURES: Go Kids Go! 2019 winners handed cheques
- Credit: Archant
Thousands of pounds was dished out to worthy causes last weekend.
Dozens of youth groups, sports teams and organisations were handed cheques at the Go Kids Go! presentation on Sunday.
The largest total given away was £1,000 to Hutton Primary School which it promised to put towards new playground equipment after its previous set was closed for being too unsafe.
Sports teams were handed a couple of hundred pound to cover the cost of new equipment and kit while St Nicholas Preschool pledged to put its £500 towards outdoor flooring.
The school was successful at last year's Go Kids Go! where it was handed money to cover some of the costs for its indoor flooring.
You may also want to watch:
This year saw Weston Lions Club - with support from the likes of the Mercury, Puxton Park, the Grand Pier and other local businesses - hand out £10,000 to its worthy winners.
- 1 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 2 North Somerset mortgage firm named UK's number one broker for outstanding customer outcomes
- 3 Blue plaque installed for famous actress
- 4 Appeal to identify man after sexual assault
- 5 CCTV appeal after man seriously assaulted in Weston
- 6 Two free festivals to bring top acts and 'extraordinary events' to Weston
- 7 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 8 Historic detached house near Weston town centre
- 9 Two shops opening for first time next week
- 10 Record numbers attend Wedmore Real Ale Festival