Winning team to defend crown at hospice knockout competition
- Credit: Archant
The Grand Pier team who won Weston Hospicecare’s inaugural It’s A Hospice Knockout contest last year will return to defend its title.
The charity event will see teams take on a series of challenges and games to score points in direct competition with each other and all proceeds will go towards supporting care for those with life-limiting conditions.
This year, It’s A Hospice Knockout, complete with inflatables and foam pits, will take place at Weston Cricket Club on July 14.
Team captain Hollie Otley, who is the pier’s events manager and was part of the 2018 winning team, says they are eager to return.
She said: “We all thoroughly enjoyed the event last year. It was great fun, the sun was shining, the atmosphere was buzzing, and the fact that we won was the icing on the cake.
You may also want to watch:
“We hadn’t trained, and had no idea what to expect, however it turns out a little determination and competitiveness goes a long way.
“As soon as the date was announced for this year’s event, we didn’t have to think twice about contending again to defend our title as the reigning champions of It’s A Hospice Knockout.
- 1 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 2 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 3 April 12 opening day: Sovereign Centre plans to shake-up Weston high street
- 4 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 5 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 6 Inadequate care home responds
- 7 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 8 Modern, versatile living in a historic manor house
- 9 The Playhouse announces reopening date this summer
- 10 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
“We have everything to lose this year so of course we will be cranking up our competitive gears a notch and putting up a good fight to ensure we take the trophy home again.
“I felt the event really helped bring people together from the community and I would highly recommend this as a brilliant team-building exercise.
“The Grand Pier is proud to support the hospice and all the good work it does for the local community.
“Plus, staff make it so easy to do so with such fun events to get involved with.
“The hospice is an essential part of the community, and the work it does for patients and their families is admirable.
“When someone you love is facing a life-limiting illness, you want to ensure they have the very best care they need, and we want to support the hospice in its fundraising activities to ensure the service it provides continues in Weston.”
Teams of six to 10 can enter for the price of £100 and teams are also encouraged to raise at least £500 in sponsorship.
Sign up at westonhospicecare.org.uk/knockout