Grand Pier picks up award
- Credit: The Grand Pier
Weston’s Grand Pier has been awarded first place in the Outstanding Contribution to Tourism category at the Weston Business Awards.
This gong comes during the year marking the tenth anniversary of the pier's reopening, following a fire in 2008.
Director of the Grand Pier, Tim Moyle, said: "Winning an award for outstanding contribution to tourism is particularly poignant in 2020.
"We are very proud to have won this award, which recognises the huge amount of investment, effort and sheer hard work to ensure the pier is now so much more than a large amusement arcade."
The win comes shortly after statistics showed the South West attraction enjoyed its best-ever January and Christmas period.
You may also want to watch:
Despite last month's having 80 per cent more rainy days than January 2019, Westoners still braved the elements and enjoyed themselves on the Grand Pier.
- 1 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 2 Puxton Park pumpkin patch now open
- 3 Meet the owners of Weston's only seafood restaurant
- 4 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 5 Man jailed for knife possession offence
- 6 New principal appointed at academy
- 7 Yeo Valley extends open days for award-winning garden
- 8 Executive four-bedroom nearly-new house near town centre
- 9 WIN: Tickets to The Magic Of Motown
- 10 Doctors could be under pressure if changes to surgery boundaries are not implemented