Grand Pier picks up award
- Credit: The Grand Pier
Weston’s Grand Pier has been awarded first place in the Outstanding Contribution to Tourism category at the Weston Business Awards.
This gong comes during the year marking the tenth anniversary of the pier's reopening, following a fire in 2008.
Director of the Grand Pier, Tim Moyle, said: "Winning an award for outstanding contribution to tourism is particularly poignant in 2020.
"We are very proud to have won this award, which recognises the huge amount of investment, effort and sheer hard work to ensure the pier is now so much more than a large amusement arcade."
The win comes shortly after statistics showed the South West attraction enjoyed its best-ever January and Christmas period.
You may also want to watch:
Despite last month's having 80 per cent more rainy days than January 2019, Westoners still braved the elements and enjoyed themselves on the Grand Pier.
- 1 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 2 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 3 Weston's youngest funeral director achieves qualifications
- 4 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 5 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 6 Have your say on plans for new GP surgery on Weston Rugby Club site
- 7 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 8 Chiropractors report increase in patients with back and neck pain due to home working
- 9 Wind and water sports in Weston
- 10 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset