Rail disruption ‘expected’ due to signalling fault
- Credit: Archant
Rail passengers are being advised they may face cancellations or delays this afternoon (Monday) due to a signalling problem.
Great Western Railway (GWR) has a signalling fault on the line between Bristol Parkway and Weston-super-Mare Railway Station, which is disrupting services which would also call at Worle, Yatton and Nailsea & Backwell.
It says 'some lines are blocked'.
A GWR spokesman said: "Train services running through these stations will be cancelled, delayed by up to 20 minutes or revised.
"Disruption is expected until 6.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
"Replacement road transport has been requested to operate between Filton Abbey Wood and Bristol Parkway in both directions."
Most trains appear to be running on time at the moment, but some services to and from Cardiff are running behind schedule.
- 1 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 2 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 3 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 4 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 5 Weston's youngest funeral director achieves qualifications
- 6 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 7 Wind and water sports in Weston
- 8 Have your say on plans for new GP surgery on Weston Rugby Club site
- 9 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 10 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset