Rail disruption ‘expected’ due to signalling fault
- Credit: Archant
Rail passengers are being advised they may face cancellations or delays this afternoon (Monday) due to a signalling problem.
Great Western Railway (GWR) has a signalling fault on the line between Bristol Parkway and Weston-super-Mare Railway Station, which is disrupting services which would also call at Worle, Yatton and Nailsea & Backwell.
It says 'some lines are blocked'.
A GWR spokesman said: "Train services running through these stations will be cancelled, delayed by up to 20 minutes or revised.
"Disruption is expected until 6.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
"Replacement road transport has been requested to operate between Filton Abbey Wood and Bristol Parkway in both directions."
Most trains appear to be running on time at the moment, but some services to and from Cardiff are running behind schedule.
- 1 Canadian coffee and doughnut specialist has diner plans approved
- 2 Weston gymnast, 15, makes GB history
- 3 Weston MP and mayor attend anniversary ball
- 4 High Court grants new inquest into death of baby boy
- 5 Pretty character cottage in rural village
- 6 PICTURES: Princess Anne visits Weston-super-Mare
- 7 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 8 NHS calls for North Somerset residents to get Covid booster
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 Mayor quizzed by Weston's youngest reporters