Community group raises £13,000 for a hospital ventilator
- Credit: Archant
A woman from Weston has raised than £13,000 towards a ventilator for Weston Hospital.
Elsie Poynton set up a crowdfunding page within a week which made £7,296 to help the hospital during the coronavirus pandemic.
The page set up by Elsie raised more than the £7,000 target in a week. A further £3,883 was left from the group’s previous fundraiser and more than £1,000 was from people’s donations directly to her and from events she hosts in a bid to raise money for the hospital.
The money will go towards purchasing a ventilator, an observation machine, a bariatric chair, pressure cushions and more.
Elsie, who is self-isolating said: “I’m just speechless at the amount of support we have received.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m proud to be part of the community. We have such an amazing town.”
For information about Community fundraising for Weston hospital, visit www.bit.ly/2RkGik1
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 4 Sewage emissions report reveals Weston affected by at least 93 sewage spills in the past year
- 5 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 6 North Somerset online choir to bring Christmas cheer
- 7 Businessman launches two-in-one facemasks in support of MIND charity
- 8 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 9 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences