Community group raises £13,000 for a hospital ventilator
- Credit: Archant
A woman from Weston has raised than £13,000 towards a ventilator for Weston Hospital.
Elsie Poynton set up a crowdfunding page within a week which made £7,296 to help the hospital during the coronavirus pandemic.
The page set up by Elsie raised more than the £7,000 target in a week. A further £3,883 was left from the group’s previous fundraiser and more than £1,000 was from people’s donations directly to her and from events she hosts in a bid to raise money for the hospital.
The money will go towards purchasing a ventilator, an observation machine, a bariatric chair, pressure cushions and more.
Elsie, who is self-isolating said: “I’m just speechless at the amount of support we have received.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m proud to be part of the community. We have such an amazing town.”
For information about Community fundraising for Weston hospital, visit www.bit.ly/2RkGik1
- 1 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 2 Puxton Park pumpkin patch now open
- 3 Meet the owners of Weston's only seafood restaurant
- 4 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 5 Man jailed for knife possession offence
- 6 New principal appointed at academy
- 7 Yeo Valley extends open days for award-winning garden
- 8 WIN: Tickets to The Magic Of Motown
- 9 Executive four-bedroom nearly-new house near town centre
- 10 Doctors could be under pressure if changes to surgery boundaries are not implemented