Community group raises £13,000 for a hospital ventilator
- Credit: Archant
A woman from Weston has raised than £13,000 towards a ventilator for Weston Hospital.
Elsie Poynton set up a crowdfunding page within a week which made £7,296 to help the hospital during the coronavirus pandemic.
The page set up by Elsie raised more than the £7,000 target in a week. A further £3,883 was left from the group’s previous fundraiser and more than £1,000 was from people’s donations directly to her and from events she hosts in a bid to raise money for the hospital.
The money will go towards purchasing a ventilator, an observation machine, a bariatric chair, pressure cushions and more.
Elsie, who is self-isolating said: “I’m just speechless at the amount of support we have received.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m proud to be part of the community. We have such an amazing town.”
For information about Community fundraising for Weston hospital, visit www.bit.ly/2RkGik1
- 1 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 2 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 3 Modern, versatile living in a historic manor house
- 4 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 5 Weston project promotes healthy eating for youngsters
- 6 The Playhouse announces reopening date this summer
- 7 Weston micropub closes permanently due to coronavirus pandemic
- 8 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 9 Stunning detached stone cottage in sought-after area of Weston
- 10 Husband and wife launch Cheddar Pizza House in lockdown