Community group raises £13,000 for a hospital ventilator
- Credit: Archant
A woman from Weston has raised than £13,000 towards a ventilator for Weston Hospital.
Elsie Poynton set up a crowdfunding page within a week which made £7,296 to help the hospital during the coronavirus pandemic.
The page set up by Elsie raised more than the £7,000 target in a week. A further £3,883 was left from the group’s previous fundraiser and more than £1,000 was from people’s donations directly to her and from events she hosts in a bid to raise money for the hospital.
The money will go towards purchasing a ventilator, an observation machine, a bariatric chair, pressure cushions and more.
Elsie, who is self-isolating said: “I’m just speechless at the amount of support we have received.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m proud to be part of the community. We have such an amazing town.”
For information about Community fundraising for Weston hospital, visit www.bit.ly/2RkGik1
- 1 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 2 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 3 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 4 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 5 Weston's youngest funeral director achieves qualifications
- 6 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 7 Wind and water sports in Weston
- 8 Have your say on plans for new GP surgery on Weston Rugby Club site
- 9 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 10 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset