Air ambulance receives valuable donation from model aircraft club
- Credit: Archant
A model aeroplane club based in Yatton has donated more than £1,000 to a South West charity.
The Avon Model Aircraft Radio Club (AMARC) gave a cheque worth £1,200 to Great Western Air Ambulance Charity (GWAAC) at its general meeting at The Ship Inn in Portishead.
AMARC’s chairman Steve Callaghan presented the cheque to charity member Heidi Roberts.
Ian Cantoni, community fundraising co-ordinator for GWAAC, said: “We are so grateful to everyone at AMARC for their generosity.
“As fellow fliers, there is a great affinity between our two organisations and we feel very lucky to count on their support.
You may also want to watch:
“We are very proud to be North Somerset’s local air ambulance and we cannot thank AMARC enough for raising such an important amount of money in support of our operations in the area.
“The funds will be used to go towards equipment and providing training for our staff.”
- 1 Canadian coffee and doughnut specialist has diner plans approved
- 2 Weston gymnast, 15, makes GB history
- 3 Weston MP and mayor attend anniversary ball
- 4 PICTURES: Princess Anne visits Weston-super-Mare
- 5 Pretty character cottage in rural village
- 6 High Court grants new inquest into death of baby boy
- 7 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 8 Mayor quizzed by Weston's youngest reporters
- 9 NHS calls for North Somerset residents to get Covid booster
- 10 John Crockford-Hawley column: Rigged art will put Weston on the map