Air ambulance receives valuable donation from model aircraft club
- Credit: Archant
A model aeroplane club based in Yatton has donated more than £1,000 to a South West charity.
The Avon Model Aircraft Radio Club (AMARC) gave a cheque worth £1,200 to Great Western Air Ambulance Charity (GWAAC) at its general meeting at The Ship Inn in Portishead.
AMARC’s chairman Steve Callaghan presented the cheque to charity member Heidi Roberts.
Ian Cantoni, community fundraising co-ordinator for GWAAC, said: “We are so grateful to everyone at AMARC for their generosity.
“As fellow fliers, there is a great affinity between our two organisations and we feel very lucky to count on their support.
You may also want to watch:
“We are very proud to be North Somerset’s local air ambulance and we cannot thank AMARC enough for raising such an important amount of money in support of our operations in the area.
“The funds will be used to go towards equipment and providing training for our staff.”
- 1 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 2 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 3 Modern, versatile living in a historic manor house
- 4 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 5 Weston project promotes healthy eating for youngsters
- 6 The Playhouse announces reopening date this summer
- 7 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 8 Weston micropub closes permanently due to coronavirus pandemic
- 9 Stunning detached stone cottage in sought-after area of Weston
- 10 Former pupils become teachers