Hair today, gone tomorrow!
THREE brothers had a hair-raising experience when they went under the waxing strip in aid of charity.
Simon, Neil and Mark Perkins had their backs removed of hair to raise cash for Weston Area Rheumatoid Matters (WARM) and National Rheumatoid Arthritis Society (NRAS).
The threesome had the treatment at Oasis Beauty Salon in Locking Road on Saturday and raised �400 which will be split between the two charities.
They decided to raise cash for WARM because Simon’s wife Dawn suffers from rheumatoid arthritis and is a member of the group.
Dawn, of Manor Road in Weston, said: “The group has only been going for a year so we don’t have many members and need to cover the hall costs.
“I came home one day and said we need to raise some money and Simon said he would have his back waxed.
“He told his brothers and they both said ‘you’re not doing that by yourself!’.
- 1 WATCH: Moment unlikely heroine saves the day at Weston Air Show
- 2 French court claims Jill Dando may have been 'murdered by mistake'
- 3 PICTURES: Weston Air Festival and Armed Forces Weekend 2022
- 4 Weston to celebrate Pride with style this weekend
- 5 Census 2022: North Somerset's population grows by 7pc since 2011
- 6 Police appeal after acid attack on woman in Weston
- 7 Deadline looms for charity funding bids
- 8 New coastal path linking Brean to Sand Bay opens
- 9 Fears Weston will be UK 'laughing stock' if See Monster delayed until September
- 10 Funding and inflation behind concerns over Portishead rail project
“I think it is brilliant they have all come forward to do this, especially to have their backs waxed as it was so painful for them.”
If anyone is interested in joining the Weston group, ring NRAS on 0845 458 3969.