Appeal for yellow lines to combat all day parking
- Credit: Google Street View
Burnham and Highridge Town Council has asked for double yellow lines to be added to Ham Lane, off the B3139.
Councillors said drivers have been using the road to avoid parking fees but it is causing problems for residents who are unable to get out of their garages.
During a town council meeting, Councillor Phil Harvey raised a number of concerns about the issue.
He said: “It is very narrow and people are using it to park all day to not pay parking charges.
“Some residents cannot get out of their garages due to parked cars – it is a totally inappropriate place to park.”
You may also want to watch:
Councillors also said they were concerned emergency vehicles would not be able to access the street due to the number of parked cars.
The council agreed to make a request to Somerset County Council to apply double yellow lines to Ham Lane.
- 1 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 2 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 3 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 4 CCTV appeal after man seriously assaulted in Weston
- 5 Appeal to identify man after sexual assault
- 6 Blue plaque installed for famous actress
- 7 Two free festivals to bring top acts and 'extraordinary events' to Weston
- 8 North Somerset mortgage firm named UK's number one broker for outstanding customer outcomes
- 9 Children encouraged to take up Covid jab
- 10 Historic detached house near Weston town centre