Appeal for yellow lines to combat all day parking
- Credit: Google Street View
Burnham and Highridge Town Council has asked for double yellow lines to be added to Ham Lane, off the B3139.
Councillors said drivers have been using the road to avoid parking fees but it is causing problems for residents who are unable to get out of their garages.
During a town council meeting, Councillor Phil Harvey raised a number of concerns about the issue.
He said: “It is very narrow and people are using it to park all day to not pay parking charges.
“Some residents cannot get out of their garages due to parked cars – it is a totally inappropriate place to park.”
Councillors also said they were concerned emergency vehicles would not be able to access the street due to the number of parked cars.
The council agreed to make a request to Somerset County Council to apply double yellow lines to Ham Lane.
- 1 Burglars target 24 properties in North Somerset area
- 2 Police oppose 2am licence for new bar in Weston over links to criminals
- 3 PICTURES: More details of Weston's See Monster revealed
- 4 Ultimate obstacle course coming to Weston
- 5 Man SPAT at shop staff in row over face mask
- 6 Court rules that Baytree School expansion can go ahead
- 7 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 8 Stunning house with large rooms and annexe
- 9 Shop chain will sell products past 'best before' date for as little as 20p
- 10 Thatchers is looking for new recruits to join cider business