Appeal for yellow lines to combat all day parking
- Credit: Google Street View
Burnham and Highridge Town Council has asked for double yellow lines to be added to Ham Lane, off the B3139.
Councillors said drivers have been using the road to avoid parking fees but it is causing problems for residents who are unable to get out of their garages.
During a town council meeting, Councillor Phil Harvey raised a number of concerns about the issue.
He said: “It is very narrow and people are using it to park all day to not pay parking charges.
“Some residents cannot get out of their garages due to parked cars – it is a totally inappropriate place to park.”
You may also want to watch:
Councillors also said they were concerned emergency vehicles would not be able to access the street due to the number of parked cars.
The council agreed to make a request to Somerset County Council to apply double yellow lines to Ham Lane.
- 1 Council hits out at 'flawed' report ranking Weston as second-worst seaside town
- 2 Royal Pier Hotel redevelopment would 'help to regenerate town'
- 3 Who you can vote for in Avon and Somerset PCC elections
- 4 Urgent need for volunteers to help with vaccinations
- 5 Weston Mercury building up for sale
- 6 Hot air balloons return to Weston
- 7 Closure of A370 in Weston for improvements
- 8 Chargeable garden waste collection service begins
- 9 Contractors chosen to design Banwell bypass
- 10 Wetherspoon pub closes in town centre