Weston High Street welcomes new travel firm with old staff
- Credit: Archant
Weston Thomas Cook staff who lost their jobs last month are back at work, thanks to another travel company.
Hays Travel re-hired the former Thomas Cook staff and it is using the old building too.
Thousand of people were affected by the collapse of Thomas Cook leaving many people across the country jobless and holidaymakers stuck abroad.
Branch manager Gemma Sparrow is glad something positive has come out of it.
She said: "It's a bit weird because it's the old store but its a new company.
"I think when it first happened we were shocked.
"We didn't know how to cope because we didn't see it coming.
- 1 WATCH: Moment unlikely heroine saves the day at Weston Air Show
- 2 PICTURES: Weston Air Festival and Armed Forces Weekend 2022
- 3 Police appeal after acid attack on woman in Weston
- 4 French court claims Jill Dando may have been 'murdered by mistake'
- 5 Weston to celebrate Pride with style this weekend
- 6 Fears Weston will be UK 'laughing stock' if See Monster delayed until September
- 7 Tribute show planned after popular Weston musician passes away
- 8 Deadline looms for charity funding bids
- 9 New coastal path linking Brean to Sand Bay opens
- 10 Residents slam developer's "wanton vandalism" destroying Medieval landmark
"But now we have our jobs back and it's really nice because the customers are coming in and they are happy for us to be back.
"It's good something positive has come out of it. It has made us stronger."