Weston High Street welcomes new travel firm with old staff
- Credit: Archant
Weston Thomas Cook staff who lost their jobs last month are back at work, thanks to another travel company.
Hays Travel re-hired the former Thomas Cook staff and it is using the old building too.
Thousand of people were affected by the collapse of Thomas Cook leaving many people across the country jobless and holidaymakers stuck abroad.
Branch manager Gemma Sparrow is glad something positive has come out of it.
She said: "It's a bit weird because it's the old store but its a new company.
You may also want to watch:
"I think when it first happened we were shocked.
"We didn't know how to cope because we didn't see it coming.
- 1 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 2 Popular food festival returns to Weston this weekend
- 3 Will garden village be revived?
- 4 Recycling centres set to be 'very busy' due to ease in lockdown restrictions
- 5 How to order free Covid home tests
- 6 Flag stolen during period of national mourning
- 7 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 8 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 9 Worle man becomes South West's record blood plasma donor
- 10 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
"But now we have our jobs back and it's really nice because the customers are coming in and they are happy for us to be back.
"It's good something positive has come out of it. It has made us stronger."