Weston High Street welcomes new travel firm with old staff
- Credit: Archant
Weston Thomas Cook staff who lost their jobs last month are back at work, thanks to another travel company.
Hays Travel re-hired the former Thomas Cook staff and it is using the old building too.
Thousand of people were affected by the collapse of Thomas Cook leaving many people across the country jobless and holidaymakers stuck abroad.
Branch manager Gemma Sparrow is glad something positive has come out of it.
She said: "It's a bit weird because it's the old store but its a new company.
You may also want to watch:
"I think when it first happened we were shocked.
"We didn't know how to cope because we didn't see it coming.
- 1 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 2 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 3 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 4 Blue plaque installed for famous actress
- 5 Appeal to identify man after sexual assault
- 6 CCTV appeal after man seriously assaulted in Weston
- 7 North Somerset mortgage firm named UK's number one broker for outstanding customer outcomes
- 8 Two free festivals to bring top acts and 'extraordinary events' to Weston
- 9 Historic detached house near Weston town centre
- 10 Two shops opening for first time next week
"But now we have our jobs back and it's really nice because the customers are coming in and they are happy for us to be back.
"It's good something positive has come out of it. It has made us stronger."