New Hays Travel branch opens in Worle
- Credit: Archant
The largest travel company in the country has opened a new store in Worle.
Hays Travel, located in Sainsbury's, in Queensway, opened on Monday taking over the branch from Thomas Cook.
The company recently re-opened the Weston High Street branch and various other branches across the country following the collapse of Thomas Cook in September which left thousands of people unemployed and thousands of people also stuck abroad.
Hays Travel has become the largest independent travel agent in the country, with more than 180 retail shops and 240 experienced travel agents.
They also took on former Thomas Cook staff, giving them their jobs back.
Sam Black, who is a member of staff, said the team are looking forward to getting back into the job.
She said: "Everyone is so excited.
- 1 Developer reveals plans for 58 new homes on brownfield site
- 2 Police take action against middle-lane 'hogger' on M5
- 3 Plan for Weston bar scuppered as licence refused
- 4 Man killed after falling from bridge on M5
- 5 How romance fraud lost a Weston man his £150,000 life savings
- 6 £100,000 supercar clocked at 142mph on M5 in Somerset
- 7 'We want it back' - calls grow for return of Weston's miniature railway
- 8 Weston and Burnham schools could feature in new academies trust
- 9 Items left in town centre doorways to be removed in bid to tidy Weston town centre
- 10 Temperatures in Somerset drop to -6C - but what about the weekend?
"We can't wait to see the customers."