New Hays Travel branch opens in Worle
- Credit: Archant
The largest travel company in the country has opened a new store in Worle.
Hays Travel, located in Sainsbury's, in Queensway, opened on Monday taking over the branch from Thomas Cook.
The company recently re-opened the Weston High Street branch and various other branches across the country following the collapse of Thomas Cook in September which left thousands of people unemployed and thousands of people also stuck abroad.
Hays Travel has become the largest independent travel agent in the country, with more than 180 retail shops and 240 experienced travel agents.
They also took on former Thomas Cook staff, giving them their jobs back.
You may also want to watch:
Sam Black, who is a member of staff, said the team are looking forward to getting back into the job.
She said: "Everyone is so excited.
- 1 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 2 Weston project promotes healthy eating for youngsters
- 3 Modern, versatile living in a historic manor house
- 4 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 5 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 6 The Playhouse announces reopening date this summer
- 7 North Somerset startup to supply face masks for Team GB skaters
- 8 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 9 Husband and wife launch Cheddar Pizza House in lockdown
- 10 Former pupils become teachers
"We can't wait to see the customers."