New Hays Travel branch opens in Worle
- Credit: Archant
The largest travel company in the country has opened a new store in Worle.
Hays Travel, located in Sainsbury's, in Queensway, opened on Monday taking over the branch from Thomas Cook.
The company recently re-opened the Weston High Street branch and various other branches across the country following the collapse of Thomas Cook in September which left thousands of people unemployed and thousands of people also stuck abroad.
Hays Travel has become the largest independent travel agent in the country, with more than 180 retail shops and 240 experienced travel agents.
They also took on former Thomas Cook staff, giving them their jobs back.
You may also want to watch:
Sam Black, who is a member of staff, said the team are looking forward to getting back into the job.
She said: "Everyone is so excited.
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 3 Pupil awarded new bike for attending every lesson
- 4 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 5 Pet store to relocate to new unit
- 6 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 7 Weston mum thanks community after Afghan refugee donation
- 8 Plan to build £30million second school site approved
- 9 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 10 Weston celebrates Great Big Green Week
"We can't wait to see the customers."