New Hays Travel branch opens in Worle
- Credit: Archant
The largest travel company in the country has opened a new store in Worle.
Hays Travel, located in Sainsbury's, in Queensway, opened on Monday taking over the branch from Thomas Cook.
The company recently re-opened the Weston High Street branch and various other branches across the country following the collapse of Thomas Cook in September which left thousands of people unemployed and thousands of people also stuck abroad.
Hays Travel has become the largest independent travel agent in the country, with more than 180 retail shops and 240 experienced travel agents.
They also took on former Thomas Cook staff, giving them their jobs back.
Sam Black, who is a member of staff, said the team are looking forward to getting back into the job.
She said: "Everyone is so excited.
- 1 Police appeal after acid attack on woman in Weston
- 2 New coastal path linking Brean to Sand Bay opens
- 3 Weston College to launch new adult courses for free
- 4 Fears Weston will be UK 'laughing stock' if See Monster delayed until September
- 5 North Somerset Council to approve historic bus improvement plan
- 6 Councillor heralds Marine Lake revamp a 'huge success'
- 7 Dual-site primary school rated good by inspectors
- 8 Masonic lodge donates to Weston's RNLI
- 9 Century-old family business opens new storage facility in Worle
- 10 Research reveals which car brands hold their value best
"We can't wait to see the customers."