School receives £1,000 donation from house builder
- Credit: Archant
A school in Weston has received a cash donation from Persimmion Homes Severn Valley.
Haywood Village Academy, in Whitney Crescent, was handed £1,000 through the housebuilder's Community Champion's project.
The funding will go towards purchasing new training equipment and to build a fitness trail.
Kristal Shaw, who applied for the funding on behalf of the academy, said: "We're delighted to receive the donation.
"The money received will be used to purchase the first stage of the Trim Trail, which will provide pupils the opportunity to benefit physically and also encourages co-operation, competition and imaginative play."
You may also want to watch:
Carly Spear, head of sales at Persimmon, hopes the money helps the school's pupils.
She said: "We're thrilled to support the academy and its aim to purchase a Trim Trail for its playground.
- 1 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 2 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 3 Modern, versatile living in a historic manor house
- 4 The Playhouse announces reopening date this summer
- 5 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 6 April 12 reopening: Weston shops preparing for spending spree
- 7 Weston project promotes healthy eating for youngsters
- 8 Backwell boy raises more than £1k for Dementia UK
- 9 Husband and wife launch Cheddar Pizza House in lockdown
- 10 North Somerset Council pays tribute to Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
"It's great to support a local school within one of our new housing developments."