School receives £1,000 donation from house builder
- Credit: Archant
A school in Weston has received a cash donation from Persimmion Homes Severn Valley.
Haywood Village Academy, in Whitney Crescent, was handed £1,000 through the housebuilder's Community Champion's project.
The funding will go towards purchasing new training equipment and to build a fitness trail.
Kristal Shaw, who applied for the funding on behalf of the academy, said: "We're delighted to receive the donation.
"The money received will be used to purchase the first stage of the Trim Trail, which will provide pupils the opportunity to benefit physically and also encourages co-operation, competition and imaginative play."
You may also want to watch:
Carly Spear, head of sales at Persimmon, hopes the money helps the school's pupils.
She said: "We're thrilled to support the academy and its aim to purchase a Trim Trail for its playground.
- 1 Worle resident left with maggot-infested bins during heatwave
- 2 Versatile extended cottage with annexe in rural village
- 3 Electrical appliance retailer opens appliance showroom
- 4 Council hopes to reopen Weston Marine Lake later this week
- 5 Could self-driving pods be the future of Weston?
- 6 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 7 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
- 8 LOVE ISLAND 2021: Weston's Jake Cornish makes it official with Liberty
- 9 Popular Weston restaurant closes after nearly 60 years
- 10 Overnight A&E closures continue at hospital
"It's great to support a local school within one of our new housing developments."