Enjoy some quality family time by eating out together
- Credit: Neil Phillips Photography
After the last 18 months where the country has gone in and out of lockdown, the benefits of being able to get out and about to enjoy some quality family time cannot be understated.
During the lockdown period, parents have not only had to deal with home learning but also preparing three meals a day while remaining in the same four walls. Those without access to a garden have no doubt found it harder still!
So now that restrictions have all but gone, the chance to go out as a family, enjoy something new, have some fun, or just try something different will go a long way to help build that family dynamic.
Jason Eaton, general manager at the club and spa at Cadbury House in Congresbury and also a dad of two, knows all too well the intricacies of not only having had to work from home, but also keeping teenage children occupied and happy.
But now that Freedom Day has passed, families can spread their wings a little more.
Jason said: “Spending quality time with the family provides many benefits. It builds confidence, helps reduce anxiety, allows the family members to relax, develops bonds and improves communication skills. It also helps build memories.
“Doing exercise or making food at home, such as pizzas or pasta is always great fun, but that fun can wear a bit thin after a while, especially if it’s in the same environment.
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 3 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 4 Ed Sheeran announces huge UK tour
- 5 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 6 Fine food and drink on offer at biggest ever eat:Weston festival
- 7 Number of homes in major development could be reduced as amended plans submitted
- 8 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 9 Plan to build £30million second school site approved
- 10 North Somerset's garden waste service to resume with collections every four weeks
“So now that we can go out properly, a visit to a local restaurant is a great way to not only get out of the house but have some fun in a different place.
“Here at the club and spa, families can for example, come for a swim first then pop upstairs for a lunch or dinner in our Bardolino restaurant. It’s open to anyone who wants to eat out, and the menu is ideal for parents looking for a nice meal themselves but who want to treat the kids.
“Going out for a bite to eat teaches children how to behave in a grown-up environment and they can learn from their parents on how to order food. Going out for a meal also helps socialising skills and how to behave in a public environment.
“With many people taking advantage of a staycation as well, planning a trip to a local restaurant can form part of those holiday plans, especially during the school holidays.”