Bidding opens for Sedgemoor health funding
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A funding scheme aimed at improving health across Sedgemoor has been launched.
Sedgemoor District Council’s Community Health Fund gives community groups, charities, leisure centres and workplaces the chance to come up with their own health-themed plan.
Groups can then bid for up to £1,000 to support its proposal.
Projects must be based around promoting physical activity, healthy eating, weight management or preventing loneliness.
A council spokesman said: “Whilst match-funding is not strictly required, projects which have some percentage of match-funding in place will be favoured.”
You may also want to watch:
Applications must be submitted before the deadline of 5pm on December 1.
For more information and to download an application form, click here or email email@example.com
- 1 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 2 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 3 Music acts to perform next to Weston's Birnbeck Pier
- 4 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 5 Beauty spot damaged as visitors use nature reserve as toilet
- 6 Beautiful three-bedroom penthouse, with panoramic views over Weston
- 7 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
- 8 Euro 2020: 7 places to watch Euro 2020 in Weston
- 9 Planking your way to better health
- 10 New date for Trucks at the Beach announced