Healthwatch launch guidelines
- Credit: Getty Images
Healthwatch Somerset is launching a series of new guidelines designed to guarantee good practice in care homes.
Volunteers and staff have joined forces with care homes across the county and have come up with a number of recommendations to ensure the best care possible.
These are to be formally launched tomorrow (Friday) at the Albemarle Centre in Taunton and entry is free.
The Care Forum, the charity which runs Healthwatch, will be at the event.
Morgan Daly, the interim chief executive of The Care Forum, said: “Our volunteers do an excellent job.
You may also want to watch:
“By spending time in the care homes and listening to residents and staff they have identified the excellent practice that everyone should follow. share their knowledge. These guides will make a difference.”
To book your place at the event, contact Mark Wall on 07909 993278.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Police release CCTV image of man wanted in connection with GBH in Weston
- 3 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 4 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 5 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 6 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 7 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 8 Weston fundraiser donates hundreds to hospital for saving his life
- 9 Two charged with burglary and fraud
- 10 Pubs running takeaway and collections during lockdown