Healthy Selfie event raises awareness about mental health
Two community groups have banded together to mark Mental Health Awareness Week.
Growing Together and Our Neighbourhood Teams created a festival of wellbeing events last week to raise awareness and to support people with mental health problems.
The Healthy Selfie Festival encouraged people to make a toolkit to prioritise their health and wellbeing.
The event was held at the For All Healthy Living Centre, in Lonsdale Avenue, last week.
Alliance Homes’ community project manager, Mary Morgan, said: “We have spoken to 59 people about their health and wellbeing, and an additional 43 people made toolkits.
You may also want to watch:
“We have had so many positive conversations. We have been able to offer a greater understanding of the benefits of community connections, and better awareness of the positive activities that are available.”
People were also able to take part in cooking workshops, cooking classes, arts and crafts and a local food walk.
- 1 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 2 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 3 Music acts to perform next to Weston's Birnbeck Pier
- 4 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 5 Beauty spot damaged as visitors use nature reserve as toilet
- 6 Beautiful three-bedroom penthouse, with panoramic views over Weston
- 7 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
- 8 Euro 2020: 7 places to watch Euro 2020 in Weston
- 9 Man charged with murder after woman dies 21 years after being set on fire
- 10 New date for Trucks at the Beach announced