Healthy Selfie event raises awareness about mental health
Two community groups have banded together to mark Mental Health Awareness Week.
Growing Together and Our Neighbourhood Teams created a festival of wellbeing events last week to raise awareness and to support people with mental health problems.
The Healthy Selfie Festival encouraged people to make a toolkit to prioritise their health and wellbeing.
The event was held at the For All Healthy Living Centre, in Lonsdale Avenue, last week.
Alliance Homes’ community project manager, Mary Morgan, said: “We have spoken to 59 people about their health and wellbeing, and an additional 43 people made toolkits.
You may also want to watch:
“We have had so many positive conversations. We have been able to offer a greater understanding of the benefits of community connections, and better awareness of the positive activities that are available.”
People were also able to take part in cooking workshops, cooking classes, arts and crafts and a local food walk.
- 1 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 2 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 3 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 4 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 5 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 6 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 7 Weston Town Council pledges to be an anti-racist authority
- 8 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 9 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 10 Two charged with burglary and fraud