Urgent need for volunteers to help with vaccinations
- Credit: North Bristol NHS Trust
More volunteers from North Somerset are desperately needed to help with the vaccination rollout.
Volunteers in non-clinical and stewarding roles are urgently needed to help at the vaccination centre in Ashton Gate and at GP surgeries and pharmacies across Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire (BNSSG CCG).
Voluntary Action North Somerset (VANS) and the West of England Civil Society Partnership (WoECSP) are co-ordinating a Covid-19 vaccination volunteers programme for North Bristol NHS Trust.
Paul Lucock, VANS chief executive, said: “Rolling out this vaccination programme across the BNNSG area as quickly as possible is a priority and using volunteers in non-clinical roles support the NHS teams across vaccination sites who are delivering the programme.
“Volunteers have really stepped up during the pandemic, supporting people within their communities and we acknowledge the value that they bring to society more so than ever before.
“To be able to support the medical teams, we are always keen to receive volunteer support and would encourage people who have some spare time and who would like to help, to register with us.”
Volunteers are asked to commit to a four-and-a-half hour session to cover the 12-hour daily vaccination programme at Ashton Gate. There are also a number of other sessions at GP surgeries and community pharmacy sites across the area.
To register to volunteer and support the NHS medical teams, log on to https://bit.ly/3seJv4r
- 1 Man suffers head injuries in Weston robbery
- 2 Banwell traffic will soon be 'a thing of the past'
- 3 May 17: Village café and sustainable shop to reopen
- 4 Weston shopfront restored to its former glory
- 5 Newspapers often enjoyed grand town centre premises as befitted the self-important Fourth Estate.
- 6 Mini tornado does damage in Weston
- 7 May 17: Which pubs are reopening across Weston?
- 8 Jobs boom as Weston firm looks to expand
- 9 Huge six-bedroom house with flat on Weston seafront
- 10 Weston project transforming household waste into planters to attract wildlife