Heavy rain forecast across North Somerset and Weston
- Credit: Terry Kelly
Heavy rain and possible flooding has been forecast to hit North Somerset and Weston-super-Mare tomorrow (Saturday).
The Met Office has also reported strong winds and rain could lead to some flooding and travel disruption from 4am-10pm.
Torrential downpours could lead to difficult driving conditions and some road closures.
A Met Office spokesman: "There is a small chance homes and businesses could be flooded, causing damage to some buildings and a small chance fast flowing or deep floodwater could cause a danger to life.
"Where flooding occurs, there is a slight chance of delays or cancellations to train and bus services.
You may also want to watch:
"Some communities could become cut off by flooded roads and there is a slight chance of power cuts and loss of other services to some homes and businesses."
Highways England is working closely with the Met Office in monitoring the weather conditions.
- 1 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 2 Popular food festival returns to Weston this weekend
- 3 Will garden village be revived?
- 4 Recycling centres set to be 'very busy' due to ease in lockdown restrictions
- 5 How to order free Covid home tests
- 6 Flag stolen during period of national mourning
- 7 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 8 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 9 Worle man becomes South West's record blood plasma donor
- 10 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
Road users are advised to check road conditions before they travel, to take extra care when travelling and allow plenty of extra time to complete their journey.