Heavy rain forecast across North Somerset and Weston
- Credit: Terry Kelly
Heavy rain and possible flooding has been forecast to hit North Somerset and Weston-super-Mare tomorrow (Saturday).
The Met Office has also reported strong winds and rain could lead to some flooding and travel disruption from 4am-10pm.
Torrential downpours could lead to difficult driving conditions and some road closures.
A Met Office spokesman: "There is a small chance homes and businesses could be flooded, causing damage to some buildings and a small chance fast flowing or deep floodwater could cause a danger to life.
"Where flooding occurs, there is a slight chance of delays or cancellations to train and bus services.
You may also want to watch:
"Some communities could become cut off by flooded roads and there is a slight chance of power cuts and loss of other services to some homes and businesses."
Highways England is working closely with the Met Office in monitoring the weather conditions.
- 1 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 2 PICTURES: Runners brave the elements at Weston Super Half
- 3 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 4 North Somerset risks 43,000 false-negative PCRs after lab mix up
- 5 Wheelchair Rugby Gold medallist surprises Weston pupils
- 6 Council rejected for grant to preserve Iron Age monument
- 7 Weston families 'deciding between keeping children warm or fed'
- 8 Bleadon-cold: Council's gritters return with sustainable fuel
- 9 John Penrose column: Goodbye to Sir David Amess
- 10 Meet the owners of Weston's only seafood restaurant
Road users are advised to check road conditions before they travel, to take extra care when travelling and allow plenty of extra time to complete their journey.