Heavy rain forecast across North Somerset and Weston
- Credit: Terry Kelly
Heavy rain and possible flooding has been forecast to hit North Somerset and Weston-super-Mare tomorrow (Saturday).
The Met Office has also reported strong winds and rain could lead to some flooding and travel disruption from 4am-10pm.
Torrential downpours could lead to difficult driving conditions and some road closures.
A Met Office spokesman: "There is a small chance homes and businesses could be flooded, causing damage to some buildings and a small chance fast flowing or deep floodwater could cause a danger to life.
"Where flooding occurs, there is a slight chance of delays or cancellations to train and bus services.
You may also want to watch:
"Some communities could become cut off by flooded roads and there is a slight chance of power cuts and loss of other services to some homes and businesses."
Highways England is working closely with the Met Office in monitoring the weather conditions.
- 1 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 2 Party in the Park event returns to Weston
- 3 Worle resident left with maggot-infested bins during heatwave
- 4 Water Adventure Play Park's water is off again
- 5 Pub fun day raises hundreds of pounds for charities
- 6 Council backs call to improve poor health in seaside towns
- 7 Former mayor and mayoress of Weston celebrate diamond wedding
- 8 Opening date announced for new supermarket
- 9 Electrical appliance retailer opens appliance showroom
- 10 Cinemas reopen after easing of lockdown restrictions
Road users are advised to check road conditions before they travel, to take extra care when travelling and allow plenty of extra time to complete their journey.