Heavy rain set to hit Weston and North Somerset
- Credit: Terry Kelly
Heavy rain has been forecast to hit Weston-super-Mare and North Somerset tomorrow (Tuesday).
The Met Office said the warning will be in place from 4am-3pm on Wednesday.
Torrential downpours could lead to difficult driving conditions and some road closures.
A Met Office spokesman said: "Rain and heavy showers bring a risk of flooding and travel disruption.
"Expect spray and flooding on roads, which will probably make journey times longer.
You may also want to watch:
"Bus and train services will probably be affected and the flooding of a few homes and businesses is likely."
Road users are advised to check road conditions before they travel, to take extra care when travelling and allow plenty of extra time to complete their journey.
- 1 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 2 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 3 Modern, versatile living in a historic manor house
- 4 Weston project promotes healthy eating for youngsters
- 5 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 6 The Playhouse announces reopening date this summer
- 7 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 8 Weston micropub closes permanently due to coronavirus pandemic
- 9 Stunning detached stone cottage in sought-after area of Weston
- 10 Husband and wife launch Cheddar Pizza House in lockdown