Heavy rain set to hit Weston and North Somerset
- Credit: Terry Kelly
Heavy rain has been forecast to hit Weston-super-Mare and North Somerset tomorrow (Tuesday).
The Met Office said the warning will be in place from 4am-3pm on Wednesday.
Torrential downpours could lead to difficult driving conditions and some road closures.
A Met Office spokesman said: "Rain and heavy showers bring a risk of flooding and travel disruption.
"Expect spray and flooding on roads, which will probably make journey times longer.
"Bus and train services will probably be affected and the flooding of a few homes and businesses is likely."
Road users are advised to check road conditions before they travel, to take extra care when travelling and allow plenty of extra time to complete their journey.
- 1 Weston's bodybuilding world champion dismisses misconceptions
- 2 Weston town centre improvement works to be 'finished in weeks'
- 3 Spacious residence in exclusive Weston Hillside
- 4 Home gets illuminated with Christmas lights for charity
- 5 New community fridge opens in the Sovereign Centre
- 6 Support for people with hidden disabilities living in North Somerset
- 7 PICTURES: Winter Gardens Christmas fayre
- 8 A370 to close this evening for first of 10 nights of roadworks
- 9 Council finances given auditors' approval
- 10 Appeal after biker hospitalised in crash