Heavy rain set to hit Weston and North Somerset
- Credit: Terry Kelly
Heavy rain has been forecast to hit Weston-super-Mare and North Somerset tomorrow (Tuesday).
The Met Office said the warning will be in place from 4am-3pm on Wednesday.
Torrential downpours could lead to difficult driving conditions and some road closures.
A Met Office spokesman said: "Rain and heavy showers bring a risk of flooding and travel disruption.
"Expect spray and flooding on roads, which will probably make journey times longer.
You may also want to watch:
"Bus and train services will probably be affected and the flooding of a few homes and businesses is likely."
Road users are advised to check road conditions before they travel, to take extra care when travelling and allow plenty of extra time to complete their journey.
- 1 Funeral directors set up new Weston branch
- 2 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 3 Four-bedroom 1930s detached house in Milton
- 4 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 5 Michael Eavis, Weston Mayor and former football players at pier fundraiser
- 6 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare
- 7 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 8 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 9 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 10 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset