Charity fashion show held at Wedmore Village Hall
- Credit: Supplied
A fashion show recently held in Wedmore has helped to raise thousands of pounds for a children’s charity.
Somerset charity Help The Child held the show and a supper at the village hall in Cheddar Road.
The sold-out event raised more than £3,500 for the organisation.
A spokesman said: “The event was hugely successful and kindly hosted by Lime boutique, which showcased this autumn’s new outfits.”
Help The Child was formed in 1987 and aims to raise money to support children with disabilities by providing specialist equipment.
It attempts to fill gaps in statutory funding by purchasing items including trikes, walking aids, wheelchairs and specialist car seats.
Much of Help The Child’s money is collected through fundraising events such as afternoon teas and quizzes.
- 1 Police take action against middle-lane 'hogger' on M5
- 2 Man killed after falling from bridge on M5
- 3 Developer reveals plans for 58 new homes on brownfield site
- 4 How romance fraud lost a Weston man his £150,000 life savings
- 5 Plan for Weston bar scuppered as licence refused
- 6 Weston and Burnham schools could feature in new academies trust
- 7 Items left in town centre doorways to be removed in bid to tidy Weston town centre
- 8 M5 closed after morning crash - causing FIVE MILES of tailbacks
- 9 Burglars target 24 properties in North Somerset area
- 10 Martin Kemp to play 1980s tunes in Weston this weekend