Man arrested on suspicion of drink-driving after crash caused power cut
- Credit: Archant
A man was arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following a crash on Sunday evening.
Emergency services were called to Bristol Road, in Highbridge, at around 5.10pm following reports of a crash involving a car and a street light which resulted in power cuts for homes in the surrounding area.
A man in his 50s was arrested on suspicion of drink-driving but has been released under investigation.
A spokesman for Avon and Somerset police said: “We were called to reports of a car in collision with an electric pylon at about 5.15pm on August 26, leaving wires over the road.
“The driver was trapped in the car, which was damaged by the collision.
You may also want to watch:
“The road was blocked and a closure put in place.
“Western Power was called to deal with the incident.
- 1 Man suffers head injuries in Weston robbery
- 2 Banwell traffic will soon be 'a thing of the past'
- 3 May 17: Village café and sustainable shop to reopen
- 4 Newspapers often enjoyed grand town centre premises as befitted the self-important Fourth Estate.
- 5 May 17: Which pubs are reopening across Weston?
- 6 Weston shopfront restored to its former glory
- 7 Mini tornado does damage in Weston
- 8 Huge six-bedroom house with flat on Weston seafront
- 9 Jobs boom as Weston firm looks to expand
- 10 Weston project transforming household waste into planters to attract wildlife
“The driver, a man in his 50s who was arrested on suspicion of drink-driving, has been released under investigation.”