Highbridge farmers not in carnival
A GROUP of youngsters from Highbridge will not be entering a float in the festivities this year. The town s young farmers will not be joining the parade round Burnham and Highbridge because of time and finances.
A GROUP of youngsters from Highbridge will not be entering a float in the festivities this year.
The town’s young farmers will not be joining the parade round Burnham and Highbridge because of time and finances.
Club spokesman Rob Stone said: “Obviously the young farmers are very disappointed but we are hoping to enter next year so all our time and effort will be going into that.
“Making a float, paying for a generator and getting all the costumes together does add up and taking part in the carnival costs thousands of pounds.”
You may also want to watch:
The club said goodbye to its chairman, Andrew Duckett, shortly after the 2006 carnival and a replacement was only found in May.
David Pinio is now the acting club chairman for Highbridge Young Farmers but Rob said there was not a lot of time left to get a float made.
- 1 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 2 Puxton Park pumpkin patch now open
- 3 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 4 PICTURES: Runners brave the elements at Weston Super Half
- 5 WIN: Tickets to The Magic Of Motown
- 6 Man jailed for knife possession offence
- 7 Yeo Valley extends open days for award-winning garden
- 8 Stone Roses songs to be recreated in Weston
- 9 Village's community shop to relocate
- 10 Impressive house in a popular area of Weston
Last year the club entered their float You Need a Hero and members dressed as Super Baby, Catwoman, Scooby-Doo and Super Girl.
This year’s Highbridge and Burnham Carnival will he held on November 12.