Highbridge farmers not in carnival
A GROUP of youngsters from Highbridge will not be entering a float in the festivities this year. The town s young farmers will not be joining the parade round Burnham and Highbridge because of time and finances.
A GROUP of youngsters from Highbridge will not be entering a float in the festivities this year.
The town’s young farmers will not be joining the parade round Burnham and Highbridge because of time and finances.
Club spokesman Rob Stone said: “Obviously the young farmers are very disappointed but we are hoping to enter next year so all our time and effort will be going into that.
“Making a float, paying for a generator and getting all the costumes together does add up and taking part in the carnival costs thousands of pounds.”
You may also want to watch:
The club said goodbye to its chairman, Andrew Duckett, shortly after the 2006 carnival and a replacement was only found in May.
David Pinio is now the acting club chairman for Highbridge Young Farmers but Rob said there was not a lot of time left to get a float made.
- 1 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 2 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 3 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 4 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 5 Weston's youngest funeral director achieves qualifications
- 6 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 7 Weston's Marine Lake to remain closed due to safety concerns
- 8 Party in the Park event returns to Weston
- 9 Weston is a 'really great place to invest'
- 10 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare
Last year the club entered their float You Need a Hero and members dressed as Super Baby, Catwoman, Scooby-Doo and Super Girl.
This year’s Highbridge and Burnham Carnival will he held on November 12.