Typhoon to miss Weston Air Festival as Marines band confirmed for Armed Forces Weekend
- Credit: RNLI
Two more names have been added to the line up at this year’s Weston Air Festival and Armed Forces Weekend, but a fan favourite will not perform.
The RAF Typhoon has confirmed its list for the coming season and Weston has not made the cut.
The Typhoon has wowed the crowds at Weston Air Festival for the past few years but the event did not make its 2019 calendar of shows.
However the Great War Display Team has said it will feature in the show after sharing pictures of its training programme.
Another popular attraction will be the arrival of the HM Royal Marines Band Plymouth at the Armed Forces Weekend.
The renowned band will lead the parade into the military village, starting the proceedings on June 22.
People can watch the displays from the seafront and the village will be on the Beach Lawns, in Marine Parade, from noon on June 22-23.
- 1 Police appeal after acid attack on woman in Weston
- 2 Fears Weston will be UK 'laughing stock' if See Monster delayed until September
- 3 Masonic lodge donates to Weston's RNLI
- 4 New coastal path linking Brean to Sand Bay opens
- 5 North Somerset Council to approve historic bus improvement plan
- 6 Councillor heralds Marine Lake revamp a 'huge success'
- 7 Weston College to launch new adult courses for free
- 8 Research reveals which car brands hold their value best
- 9 Bank of England warns people have 100 days to use old £20 and £50 notes
- 10 Watch Stone Age musical in Hutton this weekend
The Red Arrows’ return has been confirmed.