Gifts given to homeless thanks to public support
- Credit: sub
More than 100 boxes were collected and gifted to Weston’s homeless.
Jill Bromley and Steph Opogah would like to thank Mercury readers after they collected 101 boxes filled with donations of toiletries, food items, clothing, bedding and gift cards.
Bromley said: “People were so generous, both with the time spent putting the boxes together and the contents.
“Some boxes even had homemade items and a card or note from the donor.”
Dogs were not forgotten either, with five boxes for people’s pooches donated for the cause.
You may also want to watch:
The gifts, which were created through a reverse advent, were distributed among various shelters and centres in the town, as well as directly to rough sleepers on the streets.
The Weston Night Assessment Centre, Wyvern Lodge, Comfort At Christmas and Somewhere To Go, as well as a women’s refuge centre, were among the organisations to benefit.
- 1 Engaged couple thank new friends for 'special' night at Weston restaurant
- 2 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 3 Recycling centres set to be 'very busy' due to ease in lockdown restrictions
- 4 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 5 Dreaming of reaching the Olympic Games with Isabel Blackhurst
- 6 Popular food festival returns to Weston this weekend
- 7 Will garden village be revived?
- 8 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 9 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 10 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple