Win tickets to see Horrible Histories film in Weston
- Credit: Archant
A children’s-favourite TV and book series is set to make its debut on the big screen, and the Mercury has free tickets to give away to lucky readers.
Horrible Histories: The Movie - Rotten Romans hits cinemas tomorrow (Friday), offering family-friendly entertainment to start the school summer holidays in style.
The film is based on the award-winning stories of Terry Deary, which have introduced millions of children to different eras of history.
Viewers will be transported two millenniums back in time to the Roman era, focusing on the perils of feeble teenage soldier Atti and Orla - a young Celt longing to showcase her ability on the battlefield.
The pair are caught in the crossfire as Roman emperor Nero and Celtic queen Boudica battle for supremacy.
You may also want to watch:
Atti is exiled to cold and wet Britain, on the fringe of the Roman Empire, after upsetting Nero and is captured by the feisty Orla.
They eventually become friends, but when war breaks out the pair are pitted against each other in the Battle Of Watling Street.
- 1 Weston Mercury building up for sale
- 2 Boy, 17, 'with machete' arrested in village
- 3 Who you can vote for in Avon and Somerset PCC elections
- 4 Fire service investigates vehicle workshop blaze
- 5 Council hits out at 'flawed' report ranking Weston as second-worst seaside town
- 6 Contractors chosen to design Banwell bypass
- 7 Royal Pier Hotel redevelopment would 'help to regenerate town'
- 8 Urgent need for volunteers to help with vaccinations
- 9 Hot air balloons return to Weston
- 10 New headteacher for village first school
Will they chose to stay loyal to their armies, or has their friendship taken priority?
Nick Frost, Kim Cattrall, Alexander Armstrong and Warwick Davis are just some of the stars to feature in the film, which promises to deliver a hugely entertaining experience for all the family.
Tickets are available online at www.odeon.co.uk
The Mercury has teamed up with Weston Odeon to offer three lucky readers the chance to win a pair of tickets to see Horrible Histories: The Movie at a time of your choice.
To enter the competition, simply answer the question below.
You can enter the online by 10am on August 1.
By entering this competition you agree to be contacted by Archant about it.
Archant competition rules apply and the editor's decision is final.