Take part in Rainbow Run for children's hospice
- Credit: Colin Rayner
Fundraisers can take part in a Rainbow Run this weekend to raise money for a children's charity.
Children's Hospice South West (CHSW), in Wraxall, is inviting people to take part in the event virtually this weekend to raise money for children with life-limiting conditions.
Before Covid, the Rainbow Run was held at North Somerset Showground, but last year the event went virtual due to the pandemic.
Fundraisers can don a bright outfit, choose their own route and complete it however they wish - by skipping, running, walking, skating or riding.
CHSW hopes to raise £30,000 for Charlton Farm, which currently supports more than 200 families whose children have been diagnosed with a life-limiting condition.
Kiley Pearce, event fundraiser at CHSW said: “We were overwhelmed by the amount of people that got involved last year. We could see from social media that everyone really embraced the fun and colour that the Rainbow Run is all about.”
It is free to take part but CHSW is asking everyone to register on its website to ensure they have access to event information and free resources.
- 1 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 2 Worle resident left with maggot-infested bins during heatwave
- 3 LOVE ISLAND 2021: Weston's Jake Cornish makes it official with Liberty
- 4 Could self-driving pods be the future of Weston?
- 5 Overnight A&E closures continue at hospital
- 6 Versatile extended cottage with annexe in rural village
- 7 Manchester United legends and All Stars put on nine-goal thriller at Cheddar
- 8 Council hopes to reopen Weston Marine Lake later this week
- 9 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 10 Temporary closure of Weston's Marine Lake
If participants raise £15 or more in sponsorship they will be sent a 30th anniversary commemorative medal after the event.