Hospice receives Weston-super-Mare model railway show cash
- Credit: Archant
It was full steam ahead as the organisers of Weston model railway show presented cash raised from their January event to Weston Hospicecare.
The show, which sees model railway enthusiasts from throughout the UK come to display their intricate dioramas, raised £4,720 for the hospice.
Throughout its history, the show, which attracts hundreds of visitors each year, has so far raised more than £44,000 for the hospice and a further £6,000 for the Castle Kids Club.
Organiser Keith Price said: “I hope to raise £70,000 for the hospice before I retire.”
Hospice community fundraiser Rachel Mansfield said: “We very much appreciate the contributions and support from Keith Price and all the volunteers who put on the Weston model railway show.
You may also want to watch:
“Every penny raised helps us provide our services to the people of Weston.”
The next show will take place on September 15.
- 1 Popular food festival returns to Weston this weekend
- 2 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 3 Engaged couple thank new friends for 'special' night at Weston restaurant
- 4 Recycling centres set to be 'very busy' due to ease in lockdown restrictions
- 5 Will garden village be revived?
- 6 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 7 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 8 Worle man becomes South West's record blood plasma donor
- 9 Dreaming of reaching the Olympic Games with Isabel Blackhurst
- 10 Flag stolen during period of national mourning