Hot air balloons return to Weston
- Credit: Derek Hitchins
The busy bank holiday weekend saw two balloons take off at sunrise on Sunday at Weston beach.
The balloons, operated by Exclusive Ballooning, launched beside the Grand Pier and took to the skies along Weston’s beautiful coastline before flying over Brean Down to land.
The flight was arranged for local balloonist Terry Gilbert who has now retired from flying after 40 years in the air.
Terry was airborne in the blue balloon with Exclusive Ballooning chief pilot Andrew Holly and the event was conducted to fit with current Government Covid legislation.
Andrew said: “It was such a privilege to fly with Terry and to do so from the beach. We’ve flown from the foot of the Grand Pier a few times now and been able to fly down the beach towards Brean. It’s an incredible flight with views across to Cardiff and beyond.
You may also want to watch:
“Thank you to the team from North Somerset Council for working with us to make this happen, it is so nice to finally be back flying from the beach again in super Weston.”
- 1 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 2 Music acts to perform next to Weston's Birnbeck Pier
- 3 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 4 Beauty spot damaged as visitors use nature reserve as toilet
- 5 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 6 Beautiful three-bedroom penthouse, with panoramic views over Weston
- 7 Somerset votes for two unitaries instead of one by clear margin in poll
- 8 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
- 9 Freedom Day: Should we come out of lockdown on June 21?
- 10 New date for Trucks at the Beach announced