House set on fire by child playing with cigarette lighter
- Credit: Archant
A young child set fire to a house after playing with a cigarette lighter.
Firefighters and a duty officer were called out to a blaze at a house in Cutherbert Street, in Highbridge, just after 7pm last night (Wednesday).
Crews from Avon Fire and Rescue Service administered first aid to several of the occupants who had suffered slight smoke inhalation and one who had suffered minor burns, before an ambulance arrived at the scene.
The cause of the fire was deliberate, due to a child playing with a cigarette lighter.
The child's bedroom suffered five per cent damage while the rest of the property suffered from smoke damage.
You may also want to watch:
Crews used two breathing apparatus and one hose reel jet to put out the fire in the downstairs bedroom.
A positive pressure ventilation fan was then used to expel the smoke from the property.
- 1 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 2 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 3 Modern, versatile living in a historic manor house
- 4 Weston project promotes healthy eating for youngsters
- 5 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 6 The Playhouse announces reopening date this summer
- 7 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 8 Weston micropub closes permanently due to coronavirus pandemic
- 9 Stunning detached stone cottage in sought-after area of Weston
- 10 Husband and wife launch Cheddar Pizza House in lockdown