Housing volunteers undertake free renovation for homeless centre
- Credit: Archant
Housing staff renovated a centre which provides care for homeless people as the centre celebrated one year since opening.
The Night Assessment Centre, based at Somewhere To Go, in Boulevard, celebrated its first year since opening on November 6.
South West Housing Society volunteers, in a bid to give back, renovated and decorated the facility for free with support from contractors such as Jones Building Group, Dale Building Maintenance, E G Carter & Co, and Gregor Heating.
The shower room was upgraded, they installed new shelving, provided lockable cupboards and painted the sleeping area.
The organisation works to support people who are street homeless.
You may also want to watch:
Liona Hurst, a NAC staff member, said the shower has made a difference for the clients.
She said: "Thank you so much. The clients and I really do appreciate everything you've done."
- 1 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 2 Puxton Park pumpkin patch now open
- 3 Meet the owners of Weston's only seafood restaurant
- 4 WIN: Tickets to The Magic Of Motown
- 5 Yeo Valley extends open days for award-winning garden
- 6 New principal appointed at academy
- 7 Man jailed for knife possession offence
- 8 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 9 Doctors could be under pressure if changes to surgery boundaries are not implemented
- 10 Executive four-bedroom nearly-new house near town centre