Housing volunteers undertake free renovation for homeless centre
- Credit: Archant
Housing staff renovated a centre which provides care for homeless people as the centre celebrated one year since opening.
The Night Assessment Centre, based at Somewhere To Go, in Boulevard, celebrated its first year since opening on November 6.
South West Housing Society volunteers, in a bid to give back, renovated and decorated the facility for free with support from contractors such as Jones Building Group, Dale Building Maintenance, E G Carter & Co, and Gregor Heating.
The shower room was upgraded, they installed new shelving, provided lockable cupboards and painted the sleeping area.
The organisation works to support people who are street homeless.
You may also want to watch:
Liona Hurst, a NAC staff member, said the shower has made a difference for the clients.
She said: "Thank you so much. The clients and I really do appreciate everything you've done."
- 1 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 2 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 3 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 4 Have your say on plans for new GP surgery on Weston Rugby Club site
- 5 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 6 Wind and water sports in Weston
- 7 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 8 Weston's youngest funeral director achieves qualifications
- 9 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 10 Chiropractors report increase in patients with back and neck pain due to home working