Plan for 49 new homes in village submitted
- Credit: PAD Design
Plans for 49 new homes in Sandford - which would also allow the village primary school to expand - have been submitted.
The scheme, submitted to North Somerset Council by Avison Young on behalf of developer Stonewood, would see the homes built on land off Greenhill Lane.
It would include 15 affordable homes, 30 per cent of the total, which would range from one-bedroom to four-bedroom properties.
The plan also includes a building and 'gifting of additional land' for Sandford Primary School.
"As a minimum this application will deliver new school grounds and a staff car park," the application said.
It adds: "To maximise the use of the proposed educational building, it is envisaged that it would also offer defined ancillary community uses outside of school hours, to support the significant number of community groups within the village."
The application says access to the site would come from Greenhill Road.
- 1 Police appeal after acid attack on woman in Weston
- 2 New coastal path linking Brean to Sand Bay opens
- 3 Weston College to launch new adult courses for free
- 4 Fears Weston will be UK 'laughing stock' if See Monster delayed until September
- 5 North Somerset Council to approve historic bus improvement plan
- 6 Councillor heralds Marine Lake revamp a 'huge success'
- 7 Dual-site primary school rated good by inspectors
- 8 Masonic lodge donates to Weston's RNLI
- 9 Century-old family business opens new storage facility in Worle
- 10 Research reveals which car brands hold their value best
A design and access statement says the development would provide a 'high-quality extension to the existing community'.
"The development offers a significant opportunity to provide much needed homes within the district, as well as seeking to enhance an existing educational facility in the community within an accessible and sustainable location," it added.
For more details, and to comment on the application, log on to www.n-somerset.gov.uk/planning, and search for reference 22/P/0227/OUT.