More than 70 affordable homes to be built in Nailsea and Weston
- Credit: Alliance Homes
More than 70 new, affordable homes are set to be built in North Somerset thanks to a new deal.
Social housing provider Alliance Homes has signed two significant property deals with developer Taylor Wimpey - that will see 71 homes built in the district.
Building work has already started on site at Youngwood Lane, Nailsea and delivery of the 32 new social rent homes and nine shared ownership is expected between February and November 2023.
The second site involved is Weston Parklands, in Weston.
This site will see 24 homes being delivered for affordable rent and a further six for shared ownership between February 2021 and November 2025.
Director of investment at Alliance, Iain Lock, said: “We’re really pleased to be bringing so many new homes to North Somerset.
"It’s great to be working with Taylor Wimpey, who we’ve worked with before on a number of projects, so we know they deliver good quality.”
- 1 'Unavoidable' delays push back pier-to-pier cycle way between Weston and Clevedon
- 2 Police warn drivers ahead of M5 fuel protests
- 3 COURT RESULTS: Speeding woman, 71, banned from driving
- 4 Weston woman wins settlement after police records described her as violent
- 5 Man jailed over theft and fraud at Worle butchers
- 6 Fire in freezer unit at Weston supermarket
- 7 Garden centre opens GOLF COURSE for shoppers
- 8 Firm's new depot at Avonmouth creates 10 jobs
- 9 Forest school 'like no other' is helping change the lives of children
- 10 Thugs targeted elderly couple's motorhome as they slept during Weston Air Show
Rob Curry, sales and marketing director at Taylor Wimpey Bristol, said: “We’re very happy to be working with Alliance Homes to bring a number of social rent and shared ownership properties to Nailsea and Weston-super-Mare.
“We’re looking forward to the developments, called Netherton Grange and Mead Fields respectively, becoming established communities.”
These deals come soon after the announcement that Alliance Homes will be bringing 127 affordable homes to Portishead following the social housing organisation’s purchase of the landmark development from luxury retirement provider, Lifestory.
The new homes form part of Alliance Homes' commitment to build 2,000 new affordable homes over the next 10 years.