Did you spend Boxing Day looking for a new home?
- Credit: Parker's
The days following Boxing Day saw a huge increase in the number of people browsing online for a new home, with estate agents in North Somerset predicting a New Year house sales boom.
Visitors to online sites such as Rightmove soared as people took advantage of downtime to make plans for the future.
And Andrew Simmonds, director of Parker’s Estate Agents in Backwell, says January is looking like a busy time.
“Some people got ahead of the game by instructing agents before the break and with the level of online activity reported they are set to benefit with quick sales," he said.
"That will mean a strong number of people in North Somerset and Bristol who can proceed quickly as they already have offers on the homes they need to sell.
“All this means that by twelfth night, when the Christmas decorations come down, we anticipate a very busy time.”
Mr Simmonds said people looking to move in the first half of 2022 should take advantage of the packing away of Christmas decorations to prepare their homes for photography.
- 1 Police appeal after acid attack on woman in Weston
- 2 Fears Weston will be UK 'laughing stock' if See Monster delayed until September
- 3 Masonic lodge donates to Weston's RNLI
- 4 New coastal path linking Brean to Sand Bay opens
- 5 North Somerset Council to approve historic bus improvement plan
- 6 Councillor heralds Marine Lake revamp a 'huge success'
- 7 Weston College to launch new adult courses for free
- 8 Research reveals which car brands hold their value best
- 9 Bank of England warns people have 100 days to use old £20 and £50 notes
- 10 Lovely detached family home with Mendip views
He said: “Most enquiries now start with online browsing and it is the photographs that make the difference to whether people scroll on or want to look at a property.
“We invest in professional photography for sellers but photographers can only do the best with what they are presented with. Clearing away clutter and making your home look spacious and attractive is the first step to moving home.
“So we are asking those looking to sell to use the opportunity of clearing away the Christmas decorations to get their home picture ready. Clear clutter, plump up the cushions, get the bathrooms and kitchens clean and tidy and photographs can be taken ready to market the property when you are ready.”
Parker’s Estate Agents recorded low availability of properties for sale in the run-up to Christmas but expect a rush to market in the first two months of 2022.