Name revealed for 60-home development in Cheddar
- Credit: Bellway
An avian resident has given inspiration to the name of a new housing scheme in a Somerset village.
The peregrine falcons of the Cheddar Gorge have inspired the name of a new 60-home development to be built in Cheddar.
Work is about to start on Peregrine View – named after the birds of prey which nest on the steep cliffs of the valley – on a 5.6-acre site off Hellier’s Lane.
The development - by Bellway South West - will include two, three and four-bedroom houses for private sale and 18 one, two and three-bedroom affordable homes available for local people through rent or shared ownership.
A showhome is expected to be opened later in the year, with homes going on sale in the summer.
Bellway is also building two ‘bat bungalows’ in the landscaped area to the west of the development to provide replacement bat roosts.
Tim Lund, sales director of Bellway South West, said: "We are looking forward to starting work on site at Peregrine View in Cheddar, where we're planning to deliver an attractive new neighbourhood which is sympathetic to its tranquil rural surroundings.
- 1 Police appeal after acid attack on woman in Weston
- 2 New coastal path linking Brean to Sand Bay opens
- 3 Weston College to launch new adult courses for free
- 4 Fears Weston will be UK 'laughing stock' if See Monster delayed until September
- 5 North Somerset Council to approve historic bus improvement plan
- 6 Councillor heralds Marine Lake revamp a 'huge success'
- 7 Dual-site primary school rated good by inspectors
- 8 Masonic lodge donates to Weston's RNLI
- 9 Century-old family business opens new storage facility in Worle
- 10 Research reveals which car brands hold their value best
"Local wildlife inspired the name for this new development, and we are committed to ensuring that wildlife continues to flourish.
"Existing hedgerows and trees will be supplemented by new planting as part of new landscaped and ecological areas, while we are also providing replacement bat roosts on site in the form of two new ‘bat bungalows’.
"This is a lovely part of the world to appreciate the countryside in general. This is a highly sustainable location for new housing which will enable residents to enjoy an active lifestyle, with walks and cycle rides – including the Strawberry Line cycle path and Cheddar Reservoir – on their doorstep.
"It’s also just a couple of miles from Cheddar Gorge, which features stunning walking trails and beautiful views."
Bellway plans to release the first homes for sale at Peregrine View in the summer, with a showhome unveiled later in the year.
For more information on the development, log on to www.bellway.co.uk/new-homes/south-west/peregrine-view.